Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
^

150% is the F bonus - the base miles are calculated from a Y fare which I think is probably saver? but if it's Flex, you're laughing
Its Saver. Miles earn't for this flight are 35,993 + 29,994 tier miles. Seems right to me
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:23 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
And just for confirmation. EK are using the BGS Premier Lounge at PEK for the forseeable future due to lounge refurbishment.

Safe & HAppy Travels

S
Old Nov 2, 2015, 9:08 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Anyone been to the JAl lounge EK use in Tokyo haneda? Flew there rather than NRT for the convenience of a car as will be with skis.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by m3red
Anyone been to the JAl lounge EK use in Tokyo haneda? Flew there rather than NRT for the convenience of a car as will be with skis.
The lounge they use for both F and J is the Sakura lounge, which is JL's J lounge.

I used it earlier this year departing on QR J. There was a fair amount of buffet food which was not bad (but by no means gourmet). The Japanese style curry was very good.

The lounge was quite busy and they give out pagers to people waiting for a shower. There is an upstairs section which might be more peaceful, although does not have the restaurant section.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 3:25 am

Anyone been in the EK lounge at Birmingham BHX?
Our first ever visit coming up in a few weeks time.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by Beduffshirl
Anyone been in the EK lounge at Birmingham BHX?
Our first ever visit coming up in a few weeks time.
Perfectly acceptable lounge, nice staff, relatively spacious given the daily traffic EK has, although it's still on the older style. Also close to the usual gate.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 6:27 am
Suspended

Programs: BA OWE
Hi,
Any updates on the BOS lounge changes/additions since the additional flight has been added?

Thanks!
Old Nov 3, 2015, 1:28 pm

Any recent reports on since the LHR lounge has been renovated? Have the food offerings been enhanced as well or was this purely the aesthetics of the lounge?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Any recent reports on since the LHR lounge has been renovated? Have the food offerings been enhanced as well or was this purely the aesthetics of the lounge?
Food offerings the same as they ever were - however, the upgraded buffet area might keep things more palatable for longer Menus change on the same schedule as other EK lounges.

Otherwise it's just an upgrade to the newer design, really.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 12:26 am

Programs: QF(Platinum) VA(Platinum) EY(Platinum) NZ(Gold) AZ(Platinum) SPG(Gold)
Emirates Lounge (FCO-Rome) Has it Re-Opened?

Can anyone confirm if the Emirates Lounge at FCO(Rome) has re-opened?

The Emirates Worldwide Lounge web page still states it's temporarily closed yet the call centre says it's open (it's just the call went in such a way I was given pause as to the reliability of that statement, so looking for supporting verification).

Any recent EK travellers through FCO who can advise?
Old Nov 4, 2015, 11:53 pm

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by SuiteFlight
Can anyone confirm if the Emirates Lounge at FCO(Rome) has re-opened?

The Emirates Worldwide Lounge web page still states it's temporarily closed yet the call centre says it's open (it's just the call went in such a way I was given pause as to the reliability of that statement, so looking for supporting verification).

Any recent EK travellers through FCO who can advise?
was not open 1.5 weeks ago. maybe call again to double check?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 2:29 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by m3red
Been there few months ago. The main lounge (not upstairs) is quite large facing airside. Food is correct, but IMO, less quantity and choice than EK lounges. The idea is not to have a real lunch / dinner, but to have a bite.

Showers : pager handed out if full. Here again, the amenities seemed less qualitative than EK ones.

I remember the lounge to be quite dark due to the furniture / wall color, but it was just before a night flight.

Check your gate as it can be a little bit far ... or ... check lounge location before getting near your gate (I had to walk all the way back to near security screening ...)
Old Nov 5, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: QF(Platinum) VA(Platinum) EY(Platinum) NZ(Gold) AZ(Platinum) SPG(Gold)
Originally Posted by kuroko
was not open 1.5 weeks ago. maybe call again to double check?
Yes, seems to be that way. Came across a post on another part of the web, dated late Oct this year, that said the EK lounge was still closed and that they were given access to the AZ Giotto lounge instead (which falls well below the EK lounge standard going off the reviews).

Have just decided to go late to the airport instead (looks like a hotel room will surpass hanging around FCO any longer than the minimum necessary), my own bad - should have picked Milan instead of Rome as my Italy airport hub point.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:07 am

At the DXB F Lounge how does the a la carte dining work? Is the menu all day dining no matter the time of day or is their a set breakfast/lunch/dinner menus for the time of day? I assume the buffet is stocked to reflect the time of day and if so what time do things get changed over to the next meal?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Emirates Heathrow T3 lounge revamp

Hello World

Anyone got any pictures of the newly revamped Emirates lounge in T3, as there is nothing online or on you tube yet ????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.