Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
So are all First Class lounges the same no matter A, B or C?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 10:29 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by bagold
No the one at c is much smaller. A is the newest lounge, and b the original. Aside from the size the c lounge doesn't have spa facilities.

If I get a c gate I tend to use the b lounge and walk over to c leaving plenty of time.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 1:15 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by bagold
B is the best IME - it has nice sofas to lounge around and is fairly large and open. It also has a sushi chef from 10 pm until about 1:30 am who makes great sushi - my main draw to the B lounge. The A lounge is newer but is long and narrow doesn't have as much of a premium feel as the B lounge.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 8:25 am

Which is the best business lounge. I'll be there 7.30 am outbound & 5.30 am inbound ( ish) for a couple of hrs each time. So breakfast time.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Katykat
Which is the best business lounge. I'll be there 7.30 am outbound & 5.30 am inbound ( ish) for a couple of hrs each time. So breakfast time.
With 2 hours you won't have time to pick you'll need to go to the one nearest your gate...
Old Dec 5, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: B A Gold
Emirates Heathrow T3 Lounge

I understand Emirates closed their lounge at LHR in June for refurbishment.

As an alternative they are inviting their flyers to BA Galleries.... I cannot think of much worse !

Does anybody know when or if the refurb is finishing. I am not flying until March so hopefully they can speed things along if nit fine already !
Old Dec 5, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
it has reopened already
Old Dec 5, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: B A Gold
Thanks - I did read closing for 4 months in June...... Just had my e ticket and it invited me to Galleries !

Thanks Again
Old Dec 6, 2015, 3:49 am

Programs: Emirates - Skywards Silver
I will be flying home for the holidays; is the, or will the lounge at the B concourse still be closed to Silver members? Looking at the departures the flights are normally from concourse B.

An apology if this has been covered previously.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 9:27 pm

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Electricman
I will be flying home for the holidays; is the, or will the lounge at the B concourse still be closed to Silver members? Looking at the departures the flights are normally from concourse B.

An apology if this has been covered previously.
It is still closed for Silver as there are still areas of the lounge being updated.

I have been in B lounge twice this week:

For a 10am dep to Joburg the lounge was rammed
For a 7pm departure to Riyadh the lounge was pretty empty

Actually, if I had a choice I would much prefer to use the A gates lounge but obviously not that convenient if you are pushed for time and leaving from B
Old Dec 11, 2015, 5:14 pm

Lounge access in Sydney during transit

'm flying Emirates Business from Auckland to LHR and returning on the same route, via Dubai but with a transit stop in Sydney in both directions. My question is whether I can access the lounge in Sydney each way during this stop. Has anyone done this route and can confirm please?
Old Dec 11, 2015, 5:34 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Yes. You will have access based on Class of Service even if you no status.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 7:21 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Yes you can visit Emirates lounge which is immediately on airside of transfer security (based on the usual gate assigned to EK).
Old Dec 11, 2015, 11:16 pm
formerly danblar

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Yes you can visit Emirates lounge which is immediately on airside of transfer security (based on the usual gate assigned to EK).
Transitting with EK is the easiest @ SYD for this reason.

Exit transit security and you immediately see the EK lounge and directly upstairs is the usual EK gate.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by danblar
Transitting with EK is the easiest @ SYD for this reason.

Exit transit security and you immediately see the EK lounge and directly upstairs is the usual EK gate.
Agreed - and that lounge is pretty deserted I find with good offerings. However, if you are a swift walker and have F lounge privileges, you can make it to the QF F lounge in time for two glasses of better champagne (imho - I know these things are important to some FTers ), a coffee and something from the a la carte menu!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.