Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Does it make sense to book miles to JMB?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2015, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer

Was just wondering if it'll be worth while to book the miles from EK flights to Japan Airline's Mileage Bank?

It looks like even on T class ticket you still get 50% miles. Plus redemption looks pretty attractive, with lower miles required and less cash fees payable.
Old May 26, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by lighthand
Was just wondering if it'll be worth while to book the miles from EK flights to Japan Airline's Mileage Bank?

It looks like even on T class ticket you still get 50% miles. Plus redemption looks pretty attractive, with lower miles required and less cash fees payable.
Clearly, EK FFP is one of the most costly to redeem free tickets, and trying to use on another airline makes sense.

But, as a general rule, save miles on the flying FFP (here EK), then transfer or use miles elsewhere. This way, you'll keep the tier miles.

If you don't plan to fly EK again or not enough to redeem tickets, then hoard up on JMB.
Old May 26, 2015, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
Originally Posted by ioto1902
Clearly, EK FFP is one of the most costly to redeem free tickets, and trying to use on another airline makes sense.

But, as a general rule, save miles on the flying FFP (here EK), then transfer or use miles elsewhere. This way, you'll keep the tier miles.

If you don't plan to fly EK again or not enough to redeem tickets, then hoard up on JMB.
Can we transfer miles from SW to JMB I thought that's out of the question.

I was just thinking that with the devaluation of SW miles, I could set up a JMB account and just book my miles to it going forward. My EK Gold is till 3/4 of 2016, so I assume I can still use the lounge access when I fly EK.

My remaining miles with SW will be used for upgrades on upcoming flights.

Just thinking how to maximize my travel incentive....
Old May 27, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by lighthand
Can we transfer miles from SW to JMB I thought that's out of the question.
You can book JL with SW miles. I've done it.
This said, best way to use SW is indeed to buy upgrades, unless you fly often BCL/FCL which is my case ; and when I fly BCL, I don't see the urge to spend miles to get upgrades even though op-up are of course very welcome

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.