Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First time Emirates flyer

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2015, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

First time Emirates flyer

Hello Flyers, after many options I ended up booking Emirates from BLR-SFO for my wife.
The ticket is Economy Flex. Do you get the actual miles flown in the skywards account or is it only a part of it. The miles earned is 8800 skywards miles and 6300 tier miles. Out of 8800, 2500 is bonus for first time flyers.
I am guessing Economy Flex is the lowest tier in Y class?

Any tips on seating (A380). Booked 78K Window.
The layover is only 1hr 40mins. But I that should be enough to make the connection.
I ended up picking Emirates over BA, since BA had short layover of 1hr.
Does the new lighting/reduced noise in the A380 help with the Jet lag.
Old May 23, 2015, 1:35 pm

Skywards awards miles based on zones and fare type, not on actual flown miles.

Economy Flex is the 2nd most expensive (Special, Saver, Flex and Flex Plus) group of fares (although there are 4-5 individual fare buckets in the Flex group).

Anecdotally, if the DXB-SFO sector isn't full in Y, you're more likely to get a spare seat next to you at the back of the plane. There are some exit-row seats which you might be able to get at check-in.

Only my personal opinion, but the A380 Y product is not bad at all (unless you are wide/broad-shouldered) for 3-4-3 and there is enough entertainment to keep you amused, and I find the cabin ambience better than the 777.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.