Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Saver ticket change/cancellation charges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2015, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer

With recent changes to my companies travel policy, I have to book flights on lowest "Projected" cost.

This means the price of ticket + cost for changes or cancellation.

With EK's Saver you need only pay $450 for cancellation, and $200 for changes. Which means the Saver cost less then Flex even including cancel/change fees.

Looks like no more Flex (and miles) for me anymore
Old May 16, 2015, 4:01 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by lighthand
With recent changes to my companies travel policy, I have to book flights on lowest "Projected" cost.

This means the price of ticket + cost for changes or cancellation.

With EK's Saver you need only pay $450 for cancellation, and $200 for changes. Which means the Saver cost less then Flex even including cancel/change fees.

Looks like no more Flex (and miles) for me anymore
Good observation. Makes sense for people like me who will hit Gold anyway and won't rack up enough miles for Plat even with Flex...
Old May 16, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Mods, please close this thread...

I don't want anyone from my company to read it. Currently I'm able to sneak through the odd 'W' class and on 'special' occasions (like my current trip (in the US) I book an 'R' class ticket.

Old May 18, 2015, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
Originally Posted by YohYohY
Mods, please close this thread...

I don't want anyone from my company to read it. Currently I'm able to sneak through the odd 'W' class and on 'special' occasions (like my current trip (in the US) I book an 'R' class ticket.

Sorry about the tread. Just wanted to highlight the complete unfairness of new fare structure for frequent business travelers.

If the change fees were higher, then it'll make sense for companies to go for flex tickets.
Old May 18, 2015, 7:02 am

Sorry about the tread. Just wanted to highlight the complete unfairness of new fare structure for frequent business travelers.

If the change fees were higher, then it'll make sense for companies to go for flex tickets.
They could also be gambling on companies that buy saver tickets then end up making more than one change
Old May 18, 2015, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
They could also be gambling on companies that buy saver tickets then end up making more than one change
I thought gambling is not allowed.....
Old May 18, 2015, 12:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

How on earth is having a reasonable change penalty unfair for any passenger ?

You are actually complaining that the change fees are too low?

It seems that the only complaint is that your company has seen the value in purchasing a lower fare and taking the risk on change fees and impacting your stash of freebies from the airline
Old May 18, 2015, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
How on earth is having a reasonable change penalty unfair for any passenger ?

You are actually complaining that the change fees are too low?

It seems that the only complaint is that your company has seen the value in purchasing a lower fare and taking the risk on change fees and impacting your stash of freebies from the airline
Hi Dave,

I know it's just plain selfish of me. But can't help stating it as 80% of my travels is for business and losing so much miles is pretty painful.

Would be great if EK can have special fares for companies with employees that travels frequently and also maintain at least W class miles.
Old May 18, 2015, 1:30 pm

Hi Dave,

I know it's just plain selfish of me. But can't help stating it as 80% of my travels is for business and losing so much miles is pretty painful.

Would be great if EK can have special fares for companies with employees that travels frequently and also maintain at least W class miles.
Airlines do have special fares for companies (or offer rebate schemes) - and sometimes those special fares come with the conditions that employees earn no miles at all

Be careful what you wish for!
Old May 18, 2015, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Airlines do have special fares for companies (or offer rebate schemes) - and sometimes those special fares come with the conditions that employees earn no miles at all

Be careful what you wish for!
true, true...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.