Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Looking for information & graphics

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29

First timer over here in the Emirates forum, and I hope some of you will be able to help. I have a very unique opportunity to present to both an engine and airframe manufacturer "How Emirates selects their engine provider" as part of a Masters project. (Other teams in the class will be presenting their findings for other airlines.)

We've done extensive research on GE, Rolls-Royce, Pratt & Whitney, IAE, Engine Alliance and CFM and are about 50 hours in to analyzing Emirates. We're at the point where we need to start putting the presentation together and one of crucial slides would involve Emirates' route map and I'm not able to find an "official" one online.

These search results all appear to be made by third parties and/or are outdated. The one or two that appear to be from Emirates do not list the destination names.
If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Secondly, during a group discussion last week a question came up that I was unsure how to answer; do regions of conflict (Somalia, Syria, Ukraine, etc.) count against the serviceable ETOPS range? For the sake of argument, let's say that the entire continent of Africa was in conflict. It appears that the LAX and SFO flights go right through the heart of Africa. If that route were being flown with a twin, would it be able to land anywhere or would it need to return to Dubai or divert to Europe if an engine shut down over, say, Eastern Niger?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:11 am

Route Maps can be found on in Openskies, the Emirates in-flight magazine, which has PDF copies available on the website (generally at the back, around pages 100+)

http://www.emirates.com/english/flyi...pen_skies.aspx

With regards to ETOPS - you would have to consult the governing authority for the operator and type combination in question to give a specific answer.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC silver
As for ETOPs I understand from reading a Flight International magazine that Emirates are approved to 180 minutes for 777s. I believe the LAX and SFO go polar, but GIG etc go via Africa. You can use gcmap.com to draw ETOPS circles.

Look here GIG-DXB if Africa at war to see that (from what I understand) over flight would be a no-no and a route via Europe would be needed.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Awesome, thank you.

Follow up question; is there a database/list of what airframe services which routes? We'd like to break down how the craft are utilized, their frequencies, day of departure load factors, etc.,
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by photojojo
Awesome, thank you.

Follow up question; is there a database/list of what airframe services which routes? We'd like to break down how the craft are utilized, their frequencies, day of departure load factors, etc.,
Someone did this in 2010 on airliners.net:
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/4939112/

You'll probably have to pull public data from timetables/movements at DXB and then cross-reference manually the airframe registration as each airframe is not assigned to a specific route.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

It's a good start. Thank you very much eternaltransit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.