Search

Booking Complex Fare

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2015, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards
Booking Complex Fare

Hi everyone

Trying to book the following fare on the Emirates website but it seems to hang up on the final screen (i.e. the screen before you are shown the fare).

Route
PVG - KHI - GLA - PVG

I've tried both from a computer and the iPad app but getting the same issue. When I call Emirates, they say I can't book this as one booking (hence why im having issues on the website) - it will be two separate bookings due to the Karachi stop over. Problem is, i'm sure i've done this before via the Emirates website without any issue. Is what EK telling me true or have the recent changes on EK mean i will need to make two separate bookings?

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot of search query hanging:
Old Feb 16, 2015, 9:42 am

I think someone had a similar issue with a non-stopover allowed routing BKK-HKG-DXB-BKK which wouldn't price as the rules did not allow for the HKG stopover.

If you really must have this all on one itinerary, I would contact a travel agent who may have access to fares (and the energy) to construct something which allows for your KHI stopover without paying for expensive one-ways or IATA YY fares.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 10:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Looking at EK's fares, a simple R/t from PVG-GLA will not allow the desired routing

Alll the fares I just checked have a routing of SHA-DXB-GLA only

The agents are correct in that you will need 2 fares if you wish this itinerary

KHI-GLA-PVG will price up on the website ( and then you just need to purchase a 1 way to KHI from somewhere ) but doesn't seen particularly nicely priced

Last edited by Dave Noble; Feb 16, 2015 at 10:20 am
Old Feb 18, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: BA, TK, EK
While the PVG-GLA fare will be routed SHA-DXB-GLA, that is not a problem if the fare allows 'side trips' at a stopover point. I have certainly booked a DUB-DXB-PVG with a side trip somewhere - online, but a few years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.