Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

How early can I check into my Dubai flight and use first class lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How early can I check into my Dubai flight and use first class lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:18 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
There used to be some sleeping rooms (with bed & shower) in the F lounge at Concourse C. I think this has now gone however (hopefully somebody will confirm).
Yes, there are sleeper seats (quiet room) in the first class lounge in Concourse C.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Thanks for the additional information. We'll review the options and make a decision.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 7:40 am

To piggyback off this thread, how early can I check-in if flying QF 1 in F? Is it also T-24?
Old Feb 20, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
On my first time through DXB EK F last year the sleeping room was actually jam packed, I was there from around to 4am before I went to the on-airport hospital (shouldn't have had the sushi on China Eastern the day before). I was still able to sleep though. It's not as great as LH FCT sleeping rooms or TG F sleeping rooms but it's definitely serviceable.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 7:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Please please folks .......if you have long long transit times (and definitely if an overnighter) you should be either a) out exploring or b) sleeping in a hotel bed, not an airport lounge - yes, even an FC one.

Your body will thank you for it .....
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:59 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load
Please please folks .......if you have long long transit times (and definitely if an overnighter) you should be either a) out exploring or b) sleeping in a hotel bed, not an airport lounge - yes, even an FC one.

Your body will thank you for it .....
I agree it's crazy people are flying f and not using a hotel. Makes no sense to me at all. Lounges are places to spend. A couple of hours max!
Old Feb 20, 2015, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by m3red
I agree it's crazy people are flying f and not using a hotel. Makes no sense to me at all. Lounges are places to spend. A couple of hours max!
Thanks for your perspective, but I don't really appreciate being called crazy.

I gave my reasons for inquiring about this in my post upthread. We will have been in Dubai for four nights prior to this, so "getting out to see the city" is not a concern. If our SFO flight were an afternoon or evening flight, this would be different. But with an 8am departure, I think it's at least a reasonable question to inquire about partaking of the amenities available in the lounge--as it is part of the experience of flying F--and those amenities are typically much better appreciated in the evening than in the early morning.

I do wonder why it seems the attitude over here in the EK forum is so judgmental. I haven't found that to be the case elsewhere on FlyerTalk.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
Thanks for your perspective, but I don't really appreciate being called crazy.

I gave my reasons for inquiring about this in my post upthread. We will have been in Dubai for four nights prior to this, so "getting out to see the city" is not a concern. If our SFO flight were an afternoon or evening flight, this would be different. But with an 8am departure, I think it's at least a reasonable question to inquire about partaking of the amenities available in the lounge--as it is part of the experience of flying F--and those amenities are typically much better appreciated in the evening than in the early morning.

I do wonder why it seems the attitude over here in the EK forum is so judgmental. I haven't found that to be the case elsewhere on FlyerTalk.
We all like flying hence why we are here. The f lounge is great but arriving at 6am for an 8am departure is time for a massage, alacarte breakfast and even time to buy a bottle or two at le clos.

As for the rest, a hotel will be far more comfortable than any lounge, even the f lounge in Dubai. I guess I value my sleep and privacy more than you.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by m3red
I agree it's crazy people are flying f and not using a hotel. Makes no sense to me at all.
Alaska Miles?
Old Feb 22, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: QR Gold, Skyteam Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
@globaltrotter I sympathize with your conecpt of maxing it out) And it can be done. I loove concourse A and you can spend quite some time wandering around there..or even take the train to Concourse B, where you have even more shops. Dinner in the F lounge is excellent. And there will be nice cozy corners to fully enjoy it..and the exquisite wines of EK. They have this quiet room with sleeperettes which looked quite comfi to me. So enjoy the dinner, walk around in the terminals..have 3 hours of sleep..and then enjoy the amazing breakfast choice in the F lounge..you might wonder then whether you still need the flight)) And no - if you love airports like me: there is nothing wrong about enjoying the whole experience..there are many things an airport like Dubai can offer which even the best hotel cannot - Dubai at night..where East meets West, Orient meets Occident..and some DOM in between..its an expereince in itself))
Old Feb 22, 2015, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by homer3152
@globaltrotter I sympathize with your conecpt of maxing it out) And it can be done. I loove concourse A and you can spend quite some time wandering around there..or even take the train to Concourse B, where you have even more shops. Dinner in the F lounge is excellent. And there will be nice cozy corners to fully enjoy it..and the exquisite wines of EK. They have this quiet room with sleeperettes which looked quite comfi to me. So enjoy the dinner, walk around in the terminals..have 3 hours of sleep..and then enjoy the amazing breakfast choice in the F lounge..you might wonder then whether you still need the flight)) And no - if you love airports like me: there is nothing wrong about enjoying the whole experience..there are many things an airport like Dubai can offer which even the best hotel cannot - Dubai at night..where East meets West, Orient meets Occident..and some DOM in between..its an expereince in itself))
They don't serve Dom in the lounge.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by homer3152

"East meets West, Orient meets Occident ...." Steady on homer !!

I know you always enjoy your Emirates travel (especially some of those cabin crew who look after you .......I've seen a couple of your youtube clips ......). But your description here makes DXB sound like the Eighth Wonder of the World.

In fact, it's a place to go and catch your plane. And a very busy place too. Apparently now the most active airport in the world based on international movements, having just overtaken LHR.

Personally I tend to rock up to check-in at DXB a couple of hours or so before scheduled departure, and then relax for a (little) while in the F lounge. The airport authorities obviously like people to spend as long as possible in the terminal itself, because that's where the cash-generating retail outlets are located, with the terminal strategically designed so that pax can see as many of them as possible as they navigate their way around.

I'm always intrigued that some folk feel that an FC lounge - or an airport overall - is one of life's great magical experiences !

Each to his own, I guess .....
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:24 pm

I think I'm just over it. When you've done anything enough times it becomes normal, although I still only went at t-2!

I'm going to the lounge early on. Thurs night about 11pm for a 2.35 departure because I'd only be sat at home waiting about. That's as early as I've ever gone!
Old Jun 14, 2015, 9:30 pm

I'm in a similar situation here. I could either take a 4:50am flight from MCT to DXB, and the connect at 8:25 am to SFO, or take a night flight to DXB and stay overnight at the lounge. Waking up that early for a flight seems rough. I like the idea of maximizing my time in the lounge overnight like Jackal suggested. Is the lounge open 24 hours to stay overnight? Thanks!
Old Jun 14, 2015, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by hamburglar
I'm in a similar situation here. I could either take a 4:50am flight from MCT to DXB, and the connect at 8:25 am to SFO, or take a night flight to DXB and stay overnight at the lounge. Waking up that early for a flight seems rough. I like the idea of maximizing my time in the lounge overnight like Jackal suggested. Is the lounge open 24 hours to stay overnight? Thanks!
No brainier for me - connect straight through then sleep a bit on the sfo leg before getting stuck into the DP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.