Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Complaints

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2014, 6:17 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
I have been using BA and QR over the last year. In fact I have just gone down to silver on EK due to less travel but should go back to gold in a month.

Every airline has problems and If exclusively flying between the middle East and the UK both BA and QR are fine . However EK has the upper hand in terms of connections to the subcontinent from the UK.
I'm stuck with LGW (which I love ) or MAN ( I try to avoid due to the airport. Northerners are very nice people m3red ,DYKWIA please note but I suspect the airport is staffed exclusively by people with special needs). Since I have to fly in to either of these airports before onward travel . LHR is not an option as I can't fly there directly .

I did try BA a few times from LHR to DEL. Its good as its direct but the cabin interior is very drab compared to EK . I have come to the conclusion that I do like a bit of bling after all.
Looks like my Love hate relationship with EK is going to continue .
Old Aug 21, 2014, 6:25 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Prime example was in T3 security at MAN last week. Only one metal detector queue but 3 queues for cabin bags. Took 40 minutes to clear security !!!!. Not on EK and it was an internal flight on flybe.

MAN makes DEL security checks look good. LPL used to be bad but they have got their act together now.

Last edited by ukdoctor; Aug 21, 2014 at 7:10 am
Old Aug 26, 2014, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, B.A, AMEX Platinum, LH
and......

Still no reply.

Shocking customer service (and may I add my wife is cabin crew with Ek for ten years and she thinks it's disgraceful).

I also emailed skywards. No reply
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:41 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Prime example was in T3 security at MAN last week. Only one metal detector queue but 3 queues for cabin bags. Took 40 minutes to clear security !!!!. Not on EK and it was an internal flight on flybe.

MAN makes DEL security checks look good. LPL used to be bad but they have got their act together now.
We were dreading T1 MAN security last week after a few newspaper reports. There was no queue at all, and we were through in 5 minutes. In the lounge 45 minutes before I'd anticipated.

Not been through T3 for a while though.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:09 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
We were dreading T1 MAN security last week after a few newspaper reports. There was no queue at all, and we were through in 5 minutes. In the lounge 45 minutes before I'd anticipated.

Not been through T3 for a while though.
it really is hit and miss...sometimes it is a bomb site othertimes its fine.

Xmas and skiing time is a horror show.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.