EK at SEA

Old Jun 9, 14, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
EK at SEA

Any word on how the EK flight is doing between SEA and DXB? I saw the 300ER being used the other day. Thought that might be a good sign.
Old Jun 9, 14, 11:33 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Not sure when EK upgauged the route from a 77L to a 77W but...

According to Seattle Port Authority stats, EK flew 48,374 passengers during Q1 2014, up 10% versus Q1 2013.

That's 537 pax per day or 269 pax per flight (1 in, 1 out per out)

That implies (at best) 100%+ load (not possible) on a 77L seating 266 pax or (at worst) 75% load on a 77W seating 360 pax.

Looking at just March 2014:
- total pax of 18,208, up 22% vs March 2013
- implied load factor 81.6% on a 77W (>100% on a 77L)

SEA airport stats can be found here: http://www.portseattle.org/About/Pub...s/default.aspx

Last edited by extramileage; Jun 9, 14 at 11:38 pm Reason: fixed link
Old Jun 11, 14, 5:21 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Flew DXB-SEA late May, flight was over 90% full.
Old Jun 15, 14, 7:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ffman999 View Post
Any word on how the EK flight is doing between SEA and DXB? I saw the 300ER being used the other day. Thought that might be a good sign.
Seems to be a "fickle" route. Only reason I say that is SEA was downguaged to a 77L over the winter months and is now back to a 77W. Although normal to adjust capacity to meet demand, it's different than EKs model of 77L > 77W > a388.
Old Jun 16, 14, 6:56 am

Programs: AS MVP
I am booked DXB-SEA in Jan and it's showing 77W for what it's worth.
Old Jun 19, 14, 3:34 am
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Jan is peak travel season for the US (end of winter break), so the 77W makes sense then.
Old Jun 19, 14, 8:20 am

Someone at work was telling me there community (Indians) drive down from YVR to SEA to cath these flights back to India/Pakistan as they are often way cheaper especially for large groups.

Ayone know how many people would be CDN on these flights?
Old Jul 31, 14, 2:32 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
I'm curious and hope someone can help - I'm booked in J on 230 on 9/22 and am getting conflicting information as to the seat type - is it a lie flat or an angled seat? It's my first Emirates J - any suggestion as to seat choice? Thanks for your help!
Old Jul 31, 14, 9:57 pm

Programs: EK Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by kileysmom View Post
I'm curious and hope someone can help - I'm booked in J on 230 on 9/22 and am getting conflicting information as to the seat type - is it a lie flat or an angled seat? It's my first Emirates J - any suggestion as to seat choice? Thanks for your help!
The a/c for your flight is a 3 class 777-300ER. All 3 class 300ERs are equipped with lie flats (its not fully flat though) in J and the ones that do the long haul's like SEA, have suites in F. Looking at the latest fleet guide, it seems that all 3 class 300ERs have suites in F now.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...eet-guide.html
Old Jul 31, 14, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm, TP Gold *G
IMO, EK 77W Business Class is not very comfortable. I got stuck in J last year when EK subbed a two class for three class on CMB-DXB on then on DXB-JNB while the Mrs. got the remaining F seat. I scored points with her but it was a miserable 8 hours. 2-3-2 configuration means very tight seating. Not full flat but angled flat. Some pics...

The only way I would fly EK is in First.
Old Jul 31, 14, 10:16 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Thanks! The trade off is F from DXB to AMS on a 380 so I'll eat and do my best to sleep most of the way to DXB. Overnight there before heading to AMS. Like half the plane, I'll keep my eyes open for a change to F from SEA to DXB as well....keeping my fingers crossed
Old Aug 1, 14, 5:40 am

Actually flew EK 230 a few days back from SEA to DXB and on to BOM. I live 40 minutes from SFO but the usual EK 226 (SFO-DXB) was much more expensive. I flew Alaska Airlines up to SEA, and took EK from there. Flight was pretty full although for this time of year, I'd expect it to be completely full. There were still quite a few empty seats around the Y cabin.
Old Aug 1, 14, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
What is the average flight time between SEA-DXB? Sometimes Flight Aware says 12 hours and other times it says 16 hours (all in the same week). Are these accurate?
Old Aug 1, 14, 2:35 pm

FT SEA-DBX

Originally Posted by ffman999 View Post
What is the average flight time between SEA-DXB? Sometimes Flight Aware says 12 hours and other times it says 16 hours (all in the same week). Are these accurate?
Yes, as it appears the longer flights were due to flight path changes due to MH downing. It appears in last couple of days the flight path is now more direct (over Iran) so back to 12+.
Old Aug 2, 14, 11:35 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Aeroplan, Club Carlson Silver, Hilton Honor Silver
Originally Posted by Wallace99 View Post
Someone at work was telling me there community (Indians) drive down from YVR to SEA to cath these flights back to India/Pakistan as they are often way cheaper especially for large groups.

Ayone know how many people would be CDN on these flights?
I think EK are counting on some traffic connecting in from YVR and YYC with their alliance with Alaska. When I did DXB-SEA last year, there was at least a few others in J (I was chatting with one gentleman) who were making a direct connection to YVR.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: