Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Change codeshare QF flight on flex tkt. Charge?

Old Jun 4, 14, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, IHG Spire Elite Royal Ambassador

I have a trip booked where one of the flights is a QF MEL-BNE. The whole (flex Y) ticket was booked though EK and the QF flight has a EK codeshare flight number.

Does anyone know if you can change flights at the airport in MEL to an earlier flight without charge? I know that if I do it though the EK homepage, it wants to charge me 600DKK as a change fee.
Old Jun 4, 14, 2:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Unless you rebook onto an earlier flight, unless you are very lucky, Qantas will not just move you on the day and you are likely to just spend more time sat waiting at the airport

I would suggest paying the DKK600 if you want to be getting an earlier flight
Old Jun 4, 14, 2:56 am

Is this a connection from an international flight (that is arriving into MEL on an international leg then ending up in BNE)? If that's the case QF will be able to move you to the earlier flight provided there's space on the day and you present yourself to the check in at least 30 minutes prior to the earlier flight departure.

A friend was in a similar situation and was able to change to an earlier SYD-CBR at the Qantas desks, no fees/charges paid.

If you're connecting in BNE TO an international flight then I can't be certain as it may invoke the penalties plus any fare difference.

Any how, by virtue of your Plat status you'll get lounge in access in MEL so those hours will fly through quickly
Old Jun 4, 14, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, IHG Spire Elite Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by edy4eva View Post
Is this a connection from an international flight (that is arriving into MEL on an international leg then ending up in BNE)? If that's the case QF will be able to move you to the earlier flight provided there's space on the day and you present yourself to the check in at least 30 minutes prior to the earlier flight departure.

A friend was in a similar situation and was able to change to an earlier SYD-CBR at the Qantas desks, no fees/charges paid.

If you're connecting in BNE TO an international flight then I can't be certain as it may invoke the penalties plus any fare difference.

Any how, by virtue of your Plat status you'll get lounge in access in MEL so those hours will fly through quickly
The MEL-BNE flight is not a direct connection and I am in BNE for 4 days before flying BNE-DXB-CPH. From memory, I have changed my QF flight before at the airport and (again from memory), you can do this on the check-in terminals at the airport for no fee (space permitting). Worst case is that I either have to spend a few hours for the next flight or pay the fee. Thanks for the reply!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: