Old Jun 4, 14, 4:34 am
Ozziebob

Programs: EK Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, IHG Spire Elite Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by edy4eva View Post
Is this a connection from an international flight (that is arriving into MEL on an international leg then ending up in BNE)? If that's the case QF will be able to move you to the earlier flight provided there's space on the day and you present yourself to the check in at least 30 minutes prior to the earlier flight departure.

A friend was in a similar situation and was able to change to an earlier SYD-CBR at the Qantas desks, no fees/charges paid.

If you're connecting in BNE TO an international flight then I can't be certain as it may invoke the penalties plus any fare difference.

Any how, by virtue of your Plat status you'll get lounge in access in MEL so those hours will fly through quickly
The MEL-BNE flight is not a direct connection and I am in BNE for 4 days before flying BNE-DXB-CPH. From memory, I have changed my QF flight before at the airport and (again from memory), you can do this on the check-in terminals at the airport for no fee (space permitting). Worst case is that I either have to spend a few hours for the next flight or pay the fee. Thanks for the reply!