Search

EK Chauffeur at SIN

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2014, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Question EK Chauffeur at SIN

Hi everyone,
First time using EK chauffeur drive at SIN arrivals. How do you identify/meet the chauffeur after coming out of SIN customs? There are multiple customs exits at SIN, eg if travelling with hand luggage only, you can walk out at the very first exit that you see instead of walking all the way to the one that is in front of the conveyor belt where EK flight luggage comes off. Unlike departure transfers where the car company calls you up one or two days to confirm the transfer, in this case I will be on board the flight and I doubt the car company that does the arrival transfers in Singapore will call me in Australia before I board the flight to confirm pick-up.
Anyone with experiences with SIN arrival transfers to share? Thanks.
Cheers, Gerald
Old May 15, 2014, 1:31 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
The drivers wait outside the exit where the EK luggage belt is, which is usually the closest exit to where the EK flight arrived. You could check the baggage carousel number and then walk out that exit. I cannot remember the numbers exactly, but EK usually uses gate 20, 21, or 22 and you just walk straight up the terminal to the closest immigration and then out past the closest luggage carousel. I had luggage both time I did this in the last month, but without luggage will be easy also.
Old May 15, 2014, 4:25 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Yeah they are usually at the public contact area just past the baggage collection. They have the plastic red Emirates Chauffeur sign. It's hard not to miss them. I spent 50minutes getting through immigration and the guy was still there. You wait just outside and the car comes to pick you up just outside the terminal building.
Old May 15, 2014, 4:40 am

Programs: EK Gold, QF
As others have said, they tend to use the same gates/gates close/side the lounge is and the luggage carasol is often the closest to where you come out from immigration the side of their lounge. If you make a line to simply exit and not go for a walk about when you land, it will be hard not find them with the red boards.
Old May 15, 2014, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by igel
I doubt the car company that does the arrival transfers in Singapore will call me in Australia before I board the flight to confirm pick-up.
You won't get a call to confirm at all.

The two exits aren't like far apart to begin with. You'll see your chauffeur waiting with your name on a sign.
Old May 15, 2014, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Thanks to everyone who has reponded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.