Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Y Platinum!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2013, 9:16 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Thanh Viet
...when you fly to less rewarding places like India (DXB-DEL or BOM is underpaid in miles I think).
BOM is my home! I also end up flying Y a lot so feel the pain all the time. EK can get away with this because there is so much demand from India for GCC...
Old Nov 9, 2013, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
As I mentioned earlier it's quite an achievement as most plats would be flying J for work and Y for personal trips.

I feel sorry for your Butt though.

My most recent flight (first as Platinum) was from Manila to Dubai - managed to get exit seats for my travelling partner and I, the 3rd seat was not used. Spent a my time between films/TV shows standing, at one point I was sitting on the floor (until I was told to get up, politely of course).

When on the A380, if I manage to get row 41 (exit row at the front) I sometimes sit on the stairs that lead to First Class.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by YohYohY
My most recent flight (first as Platinum) was from Manila to Dubai - managed to get exit seats for my travelling partner and I, the 3rd seat was not used.
That shouldn't be too bad - just over 5 hours. One gets a new appreciation of ULH after doing DXB-LAX or DXB-IAH...

BTW, SQ just ended its EWR-SIN service that held the record for the longest flight for quite sometime, but that was an all J service...
Old Nov 9, 2013, 11:07 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Miles & More, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by jackiedada
That shouldn't be too bad - just over 5 hours. One gets a new appreciation of ULH after doing DXB-LAX or DXB-IAH...

BTW, SQ just ended its EWR-SIN service that held the record for the longest flight for quite sometime, but that was an all J service...
Are there several Manilas? MNL-DXB is about 9h. I'm dreading my upcoming DAC-EZE trip. DXB-EZE is 19:35h, although with a brief stop-over in GIG.

And congrats OP! ^
Old Nov 10, 2013, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Turicus
Are there several Manilas? MNL-DXB is about 9h.
My bad - thanks for the correction....
Old Nov 11, 2013, 2:05 pm

Programs: Emirates Platinum
Impressive. Hope the aim wasn't to get Platinum though.....
Old Nov 12, 2013, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by ghostwrita
Impressive. Hope the aim wasn't to get Platinum though.....

Of course not, I wasn't aiming to get to Platinum, it just happened - my job involves a lot of travel, I do get to choose the airline though and I choose Emirates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.