Wiki Posts
Search

Another website issue

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2013, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, Etihad Guest Gold, VS
Another website issue

Am trying to book LHR to MEL, setting off on 18th October. Flying in Y.

I start the multiple destinations process and whichever combination of LHR/DXB and DXB/MEL I choose I get this

Sorry, seat availability has changed. If you require assistance with completing a booking, please contact your local Emirates office.

As it is unlikely that all seats are booked at this stage I am guessing this is a website issue...these do seem to occur frequently when booking the LHR to OZ routes.

Does anyone know a quick way of reporting this which doesn't feature premium rate phone calls?

Thank you.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Just an update.

I used the contact us facility on the website and I got a reply with an hour. It is an issue with the type of booking I was trying to make. I can book LHR-BNE-HVB but cannot book LHR-MEL-HVB..I have to include BNE.

I might now have to ask why I can book LHR-BNE-HVB and return.......but if my outward is via MEL as above there are NO return flights available HVB-BNE for my return despite them being available for the other routing..same dates. I guess these are still post QF glitches.

Whatever, I am impressed with the response.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Continuing this fascinating conversation with myself!

Oh dear, and it was going so well but now........!!!

Like an idiot, I asked the question about why one leg of the return (HVB-BNE) was unavailable if my outbound featured MEL. However if I avoided MEL on the outbound ie flew non stop to BNE from DXB, then the HVB-BNE return leg is showing as available and I get quoted a price.

They say it is because I cannot book to HVB on the same ticket. Hmmmmmmm!!

I have just pointed out that I actually booked and flew to and fro HVB (LHR-BNE-HVB-HVB-BNE-LHR) with all flights on the same booking reference/ticket in May and June.

Not surprisingly, I await the response with considerable interest.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by dogsrock
Continuing this fascinating conversation with myself!
I often talk to myself. It's the only way to have an intelligent conversation!
Old Jul 29, 2013, 4:23 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
And ironically, answering your own question is likely to give you a more accurate response than one from an EK customer service person.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 4:45 am

I don't think the issue is with the website though it's not impeccable.
The issue is with the routing you're trying to get. See I searched on EF for through fares LHR-HVB on EK and could not find any. Searching for DXB-HVB came with plenty but even those have the following routings (haven't checked for exclusions):
1. DXB-EK/QF-BJS/BKK/CAN/HKG/JKT/KUL-SIN-BNE-EK/QF-HVB
2. DXB-EK/QF-DXB-EK/QF-BJS/BKK/CAN/HKG/JKT/KUL-SIN-BNE-EK/QF-
HVB
3. DXB-EK/QF-DXB-EK/QF-HKG/SIN-QF-BNE-EK/QF-HVB
4. DXB-EK/QF-DXB-EK/QF-HKT/MNL/OSA/SEL/SGN/SHA/TYO-SIN-BNE-
EK/QF-HVB
5. DXB-EK/QF-DXB-EK/QF-MLE-CMB-SIN-BNE-EK/QF-HVB
6. DXB-EK/QF-DXB-EK/QF-SIN-BNE-EK/QF-HVB
7. DXB-EK/QF-HKG/SIN-QF-BNE-EK/QF-HVB
8. DXB-EK/QF-HKT/MNL/OSA/SEL/SGN/SHA/TYO-SIN-BNE-EK/QF-HVB
9. DXB-EK/QF-MLE-CMB-SIN-BNE-EK/QF-HVB
10. DXB-EK/QF-SIN-BNE-EK/QF-HVB
I also looked up the routings for EK fares HVB-LHR:
1. HVB-EK/QF-BNE-QF-HKG/SIN-EK/QF-DXB-EK/QF-LON
2. HVB-EK/QF-BNE-QF-HKG/SIN-EK/QF-DXB-LON
3. HVB-EK/QF-BNE-SIN-BJS/BKK/CAN/HKG/JKT/KUL-EK/QF-DXB-EK/QF-
LON
4. HVB-EK/QF-BNE-SIN-BJS/BKK/CAN/HKG/JKT/KUL-EK/QF-DXB-LON
5. HVB-EK/QF-BNE-SIN-CMB-MLE-EK/QF-DXB-EK/QF-LON
6. HVB-EK/QF-BNE-SIN-CMB-MLE-EK/QF-DXB-LON
7. HVB-EK/QF-BNE-SIN-EK/QF-DXB-EK/QF-LON
8. HVB-EK/QF-BNE-SIN-EK/QF-DXB-LON
9. HVB-EK/QF-BNE-SIN-HKT/MNL/OSA/SEL/SGN/SHA/TYO-EK/QF-DXB-
EK/QF-LON
10. HVB-EK/QF-BNE-SIN-HKT/MNL/OSA/SEL/SGN/SHA/TYO-EK/QF-DXB-
LON
You're getting the error because there are no published fares that could be used to price the routing you're after. Neither routings (DXB-HVB, and HVB-LHR) feature MEL in the transfer points.
Also QF only operates BNE-HVB.

Hope this helps.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 5:14 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
I do think that the issue may be at least partly down to the website. When costing up a LHR - OZ -NZ trip I ntermittently get the error message quoted by the OP. It never comes up on a simple LHR-SYD rtn but will do so on occasions when multiple destintions are selected - even as simple as LHR-SYD-CHC-SYD-LHR.

I tend to go away and do something else, come back an hour or two later and ten the site plays nicely for a while
Old Jul 30, 2013, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by pomkiwi
I do think that the issue may be at least partly down to the website.
Agreed - seen this error message on many occasions on comparatively simple routings.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edy4eva
I don't think the issue is with the website though it's not impeccable.

You're getting the error because there are no published fares that could be used to price the routing you're after. Neither routings (DXB-HVB, and HVB-LHR) feature MEL in the transfer points.
Also QF only operates BNE-HVB.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for your effort. However I still think it is the website, I have often found the "no seats available" when looking at flights back from BNE to LHR, despite them being available.

In this particular case, I can book and get a price for LHR-MEL-BNE-HVB as the outbound (EK international flights and QF domestic) returning from BNE to LHR. The only leg I cannot book is the 35 minute hop from HVB to BNE where I am getting "seats unavailable".

This is wrong, as I said earlier, because seats are available on all legs if I simply do LHR-BNE-HVB and return.

So having MEL in my booking cannot be the problem as I can book the routing (without the HVB-BNE leg).

Customer services, bless them, is still telling me that I cannot book to Hervey Bay with EK....despite me having done it and travelled in May/June. Oh dear!
Old Jul 30, 2013, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by dogsrock
Thank you for your effort. However I still think it is the website, I have often found the "no seats available" when looking at flights back from BNE to LHR, despite them being available.

In this particular case, I can book and get a price for LHR-MEL-BNE-HVB as the outbound (EK international flights and QF domestic) returning from BNE to LHR. The only leg I cannot book is the 35 minute hop from HVB to BNE where I am getting "seats unavailable".

This is wrong, as I said earlier, because seats are available on all legs if I simply do LHR-BNE-HVB and return.

So having MEL in my booking cannot be the problem as I can book the routing (without the HVB-BNE leg).

Customer services, bless them, is still telling me that I cannot book to Hervey Bay with EK....despite me having done it and travelled in May/June. Oh dear!
Could it be that they pulled out the fares you used to price your current tickets? EF doesn't pull up any LHR-HVB fares on EK.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Another website issue

sorry edy4eva.....I am not too sure what you mean. And I have no experience of how up-to-date Expert Flyer is on such matters

I have never flown via MEL to HVB before so whatever the EK site produces is new to me.

It is ever so easy to book the route I want via Qantas and I assumed in this post link-up era it would be with EK too.

And QF is about £400 cheaper than the EK quote and QF gives me the required HVB to BNE leg too.

But then there are lounge access and tier points to consider too. And I thought this would be easy. WRONG.

Last edited by dogsrock; Jul 30, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.