Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New website appearance

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2013, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

New website appearance

I've just tried to get on the EK website to be met by a shiny new front page. I haven't noticed any different content yet but let us know if you find anything new.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 4:00 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ft101
I've just tried to get on the EK website to be met by a shiny new front page. I haven't noticed any different content yet but let us know if you find anything new.
There's a new Skywards dashboard - and the actual Skywards website isnt yet up (was supposed to come online at 2100 GMT)

Platinum status wont show for another 48 hours, despite it saying "you've joined Platinum etc..."

I like the new look and feel and the design seems to be getting cleaner and sharper. Too early to tell if it will be functional and efficient - which is the main thing.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Another Plat benefit I hadn't heard about before:

When you reach Platinum status, you can enjoy an extra touch of luxury by upgrading from Business to First Class on one flight sector.

If you earn 175,000 Tier Miles within 10 months of entering Platinum, you will receive a second upgrade, with our compliments.

You can also gift your upgrade to another Emirates Skywards member.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 5:13 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Actually my mistake. The update today included the consolidation of the Skywards website into Emirates.com

Effectively, you can view and manage everything (including Business Rewards) from Emirates.com

The funny thing is that my status has changed to Platinum, but no where on the page does it tell you - that you are actually Platinum. It tells you how many tier miles you need to re-qualify etc etc. Site improvements look good and I think it makes sense to fold everything into the one portal (like most other airlines do)
Old Mar 30, 2013, 5:35 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

The other new benefit (which takes a lot of the anguish away for many members who are parents) is that Plats are now also able to officially guest in up to 3 kids (as long as they are all Skysurfers members!)
Old Mar 30, 2013, 6:05 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
It made me choose a new password when I tried to log in. I like how it gives me a countdown to each flight.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 9:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL, EK Plat, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Plat
I just noticed that under "Skyward Blue Benefits" that free e-gate access is now listed. Looks like all Skywards tiers are now eligible.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 9:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL, EK Plat, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Plat
Just saw this under the FAQ section about lounge guests:

Once you reach Platinum, you can invite one adult guest and up to three children under 16 into the First Class Lounge in Dubai International Airport, regardless of class of travel, provided that the guests are travelling with you on Emirates. Anywhere else on our network, you may invite guests to join you in eligible Business Class Lounges, with the same conditions. Children must have a Skysurfers or Emirates Skywards minor account to be able to join a Platinum member in an airport lounge.

What is a Skywards Minor account? Ae they finally dumping Skysurfers?
Old Mar 30, 2013, 9:51 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Originally Posted by pjm1300
What is a Skywards Minor account? Ae they finally dumping Skysurfers?
They've been saying that they would be dumping Skysurfers for some time now - so maybe with this cutover, they will finally get rid of it. Its completely unnecessary if you ask me. Dont see why kids cant just be regular members...
Old Mar 30, 2013, 9:52 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by eightblack
The funny thing is that my status has changed to Platinum, but no where on the page does it tell you - that you are actually Platinum. It tells you how many tier miles you need to re-qualify etc etc. Site improvements look good and I think it makes sense to fold everything into the one portal (like most other airlines do)
On the My Statement page just under the Main Bar with your card colour and miles and tier miles balances it says "My Tier - Platinum".
Old Mar 30, 2013, 9:59 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Originally Posted by mrtdxb
On the My Statement page just under the Main Bar with your card colour and miles and tier miles balances it says "My Tier - Platinum".
I see that now - but it wasnt there this morning when the page first live. I sent a message to DXB with some of the glitches I was seeing and they responded straight away!

I still think there needs to be a clear indication on the actual dashboard - yes, I know the colour and images reflect Platinum, but OCD people like me want it in writing!
Old Mar 30, 2013, 11:15 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by eightblack
I see that now - but it wasnt there this morning when the page first live. I sent a message to DXB with some of the glitches I was seeing and they responded straight away!

I still think there needs to be a clear indication on the actual dashboard - yes, I know the colour and images reflect Platinum, but OCD people like me want it in writing!
On the home page you can see it. Under the red navigation boxes on the right side of the screen there is a section that says your name, the number of Skywards Miles you have, and a picture of the Skywards card with the words "Platinum" on it.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 11:49 pm

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
There used to be a text button that said 'View Upcoming Travel' or something like that which then took you to a page with all your booked flights. From there you could manage each booking, change seats, etc. This seems to be missing from the new website, which, if true, would be a big omission. It seems that the only way to manage your booking is to now type in the booking reference and last name for each booking you want to see. Or, did I miss this somewhere?
Old Mar 30, 2013, 11:59 pm
ecm

Programs: EK Platinum, Iberia Plata, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by UAworldwide
There used to be a text button that said 'View Upcoming Travel' or something like that which then took you to a page with all your booked flights. From there you could manage each booking, change seats, etc. This seems to be missing from the new website, which, if true, would be a big omission. It seems that the only way to manage your booking is to now type in the booking reference and last name for each booking you want to see. Or, did I miss this somewhere?
I think this is right, at least as far as I can tell - hoping it is a glitch and that you will be able to use it as before.

Website does seem updated for Plat as my travel on April 7th (got it it entering my PNR and last name) shows the 75% bonus.

Another related question: When I received the welcome call a week ago or so, they said the status would come live April 1st, which meant, as confirmed by them, that the review period would end April 30th 2014. Website now says March 31st 2014, which would be correct if they have moved the 'go-live' date forward by one day - anybody have any info on this?
Old Mar 31, 2013, 12:01 am

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by UAworldwide
I was just about to come on here and say the same thing. Not sure if I'm missing something, but I can't see this anywhere. As you say, this is a big omission, especially if you have a number of flights booked and want to check them..... digging out individual booking references is hardly user friendly considering you are already logged in and therefore they should know what flights you are booked on.

On a side note, that was something that bothered me on the last site, in that you needed to enter the booking ref and last name when doing on-line check-in. I never understood why you couldn't just do this from your booking page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.