Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK18/EK354

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2013, 2:21 am
Original Poster

EK18/EK354

Does anyone know what terminal these will land/depart, they are both A380's so hopefully A but who knows, I'm travelling 29/30 March. I've been trying to find out how to check which gate arrival and departure would be from but have had no luck, can anyone point me in the right direction.

Also is there a kids section in the business class lounge in A concourse, i know there used to be in B before the refurb.

Thanks

Jo
Old Mar 19, 2013, 5:04 am

The MAN flights arrive and depart from concourse A
Old Mar 19, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Sigwx
The MAN flights arrive and depart from concourse A
354 went from b last week no guarantees
Old Mar 20, 2013, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your answers guys, I suppose I'll have to wait and see about the Singapore flight.

Does anyone know about the kids section in the business lounge, there used to be hotdogs and ice cream in the B lounge for kids (and big kids).

Thanks

Jo
Old Mar 20, 2013, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Jodieh12
Thanks for your answers guys, I suppose I'll have to wait and see about the Singapore flight.

Does anyone know about the kids section in the business lounge, there used to be hotdogs and ice cream in the B lounge for kids (and big kids).

Thanks

Jo
When are you on it? I m on it Friday morning (just to CMB though).

Seats 3 J and K
Old Mar 20, 2013, 7:30 am
Original Poster

A week later, 30 March. Does it go on to CMB from SIN?

I've chosen 7 E & F as recommended by eightblack.

Thanks

Jo
Old Mar 20, 2013, 11:29 am

Sorry I m on 348 dxb cmb sin

You are on the direct dxb sin flight! But it did go from b last week as my wife was on it
Old Mar 27, 2013, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Could some kind person tell me what loads are like for EK18/354 29 & 30 March?

Many thanks

Jo
Old Mar 27, 2013, 10:48 pm

EK18 looks full in Y, but has availability in F and C.
EK354 is full in Y and F and has small availability in C.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks dusordua

I've just checked in online for these flights and when you are reviewing the details of each flight the seat numbers were showing for man-dxb but then for dxb-sin it said none, so I proceeded through on line check in and then the seat numbers showed up on the bp's, anyone know why they were missing? Flight is full, so do you think there's some op ups happening?

Thanks

Jo
Old Mar 28, 2013, 1:39 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Jodieh12
Thanks dusordua

I've just checked in online for these flights and when you are reviewing the details of each flight the seat numbers were showing for man-dxb but then for dxb-sin it said none, so I proceeded through on line check in and then the seat numbers showed up on the bp's, anyone know why they were missing? Flight is full, so do you think there's some op ups happening?

Thanks

Jo
I've found frequently that during OLCI, the system at DXB (flights departing dxb) pre-selects people for upgrades depending on how much the flight is over sold. Whether that actually translates into an op-up depends on how many people actually show up at check-in and how many are able to make their connections to that flight. In my most recent trip to JFK, the system showed my seat as 'none' during online checkin for EK203 (DXB-JFK), however the original seat will print during the OLCI receipt/ BP. I didn't get an op-up because in the final count there was one vacant seat on the flight and no op-ups were required. A similar situation was there during my return to BOM on EK506, DXB-BOM. I didn't bother to check if there were any free seats/ someone else may have got it.

So, the chances are looking good that you may get an op-up. The best way to confirm it would be to go to the lounge and see if your seat shows 'none' in MMB, assuming you didn't get it changed during check-in. All the best!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.