ex SIN-CMB-DXB Multiple PNRs

Old Mar 14, 2013, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

ex SIN-CMB-DXB Multiple PNRs

I have one PNR for EK 349 from SIN-CMB and another PNR onward from CMB-DXB (same EK349) and beyond. Few questions...

1. Will SIN let me check baggage through past CMB?
2. Will EK check the baggage though to the US if switching to BA at LHR?
3. Will CMB check in/gate staff know that I am on the plane already and not expect me at CMB check-in/gate?
4. Do they even let "one PNR (SIN-DXB via CMB)" pax off the plane?

Anything else to consider?

Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2013, 1:27 am

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. No, you will have to disembark and board again because technically you're on two separate tickets/boarding passes. Someone did it with 2 passes and caused a stir for moving up front to his assigned seat while on the ground, from memory he did a trip report either here or on Airliners.net.
4. No requirement to stay onboard, but one reason they might not let continuing passengers out is to save time/minimise the delay if the flight is behind schedule. Your case is different though.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 7:18 am

Programs: *G, OWE
Re point 3: I did the trip in November 2012. I was Y from SIN-CMB and F from CMB-DXB on two PNRs. I should emphasise that we were over 90 minutes behind schedule and that I had boarding passes for both sectors issued in SIN.

On arrival in CMB all through pax were asked to stay on board. After everyone getting off had deplaned I did the reverse walk of shame and went from the Y cabin up to the F cabin and spoke to the purser. She was happy for me to take my new seat and remain on board. Actually as I was the only pax in F she was happy for me to take any seat.

About five minutes prior to doors closing a very friendly gate agent came on board and checked my boarding pass. He'd received a message from SIN re my situation and he also (unprompted) assured me that my luggage was still in the hold and checked through to FRA (my destination after DXB).

I'm doing another of these ex-CMB trips over Easter but unfortunately no F on 349 this time - I'll have to make do with J. I've also got the same J seat selected from SIN-CMB with the intention of staying onboard. I won't be too disappointed if I have to get off though as then at least I'll be able to say I've set foot in Sri Lanka.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by edy4eva
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. No, you will have to disembark and board again because technically you're on two separate tickets/boarding passes. Someone did it with 2 passes and caused a stir for moving up front to his assigned seat while on the ground, from memory he did a trip report either here or on Airliners.net.
4. No requirement to stay onboard, but one reason they might not let continuing passengers out is to save time/minimise the delay if the flight is behind schedule. Your case is different though.
You don't need to disembark - just go to the front and tell the Purser you're continuing - you can take your new seat and ground staff will come and collect the boarding pass.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.