Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All Non-A380 Saver Awards Absent

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2013, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
All Non-A380 Saver Awards Absent

Seems I cant find any saver award tickets N / D (Probably even F)
on flights that are not an A380. All the way to 2014.

Was fine yesterday.

Hoping it's some glitch.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 3:42 pm

Hopefully not another 'enhancement' for aligning with QF
Old Mar 12, 2013, 5:38 pm

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, Etihad Guest Gold, VS
Unhappy

I find QF prices typically more expensive than EK. Even doing price comparisons for after the "together" moment that has been the case.

Hopefully EK regulars, particularly those who enjoy Saver fares, will not be the ones to suffer from this "togetherness". Otherwise Cathay whose prices are typically similar to EK Savers beckons on the OZ routes for me.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:58 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Exec Plat (2MM)
Originally Posted by dogsrock
I find QF prices typically more expensive than EK. Even doing price comparisons for after the "together" moment that has been the case.

Hopefully EK regulars, particularly those who enjoy Saver fares, will not be the ones to suffer from this "togetherness". Otherwise Cathay whose prices are typically similar to EK Savers beckons on the OZ routes for me.
I'm Gold on both QF and EK. No doubt about it, QF will try and lift the fares. It's their stock-in-trade, the only way they know how to do business.

I can just watch and see what happens, with no pressure, as I am Gold with both airlines until at least August 2014, without making another booking. If Qantas prices itself out of the market (and it could, as its management has a certain mindset), I'll just fall back to the Star Alliance, with whom I am lifetime Gold.

And I don't think many QF pax will like the manic nature of the DXB terminals, especially if not flying C or F. Doesn't compare well with Singapore at all.

It will be interesting to see how it goes
Old Mar 13, 2013, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Still cant get saver fares.

No one else interested in saver redemptions?
Old Mar 13, 2013, 10:43 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by lsed
Still cant get saver fares.

No one else interested in saver redemptions?
Given what you have observed and the recent elimination of F flex awards coming from the "A" bucket maybe Flex award levels will soon be the new Saver levels and we can expect to see "Super-Flex" soon at even higher points values?
Old Mar 14, 2013, 4:15 am
Original Poster

I would have thought they would at least have done this post freddie awards voting, if they're actually going to scrap saver awards completely sans A380s.
But that still doesnt make sense to me.

Edit:

Ok seeing the saver awards back again
Old Mar 14, 2013, 7:54 am
Original Poster

So saver fares are back but now I'm seeing a lot less availablity - less than the sum of parts.

eg X - DXB , DXB - Y has fares in Saver individually, but if I try to search X - DXB - Y it shows only Flex.

It was almost all saver fares when I searched X - DXB - Y just 2 days ago, now it's all flex.

If I force in a stopover even though connection is less than 24 hours, then it shows up as Saver + Saver.

Thing is I can only do 1 Stop over per Saver ticket.

Frustrating to say the least! I feel as if I'm trying to book a flight on QR!
Old Mar 14, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by lsed
So saver fares are back but now I'm seeing a lot less availablity - less than the sum of parts.

eg X - DXB , DXB - Y has fares in Saver individually, but if I try to search X - DXB - Y it shows only Flex.

It was almost all saver fares when I searched X - DXB - Y just 2 days ago, now it's all flex.

If I force in a stopover even though connection is less than 24 hours, then it shows up as Saver + Saver.

Thing is I can only do 1 Stop over per Saver ticket.

Frustrating to say the least! I feel as if I'm trying to book a flight on QR!
Well - no one really uses miles for redemption bookings, but I can understand why one would want to do that and get rid of all their EK miles.

I actually changed an earlier ticket and then paid extra to change the return leg to a flex fare. I don't know why - it only earns another 2000 tier miles, and I'm nowhere near Gold this year. And, there's no upgrade availability.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:56 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by ung1
Well - no one really uses miles for redemption bookings, but I can understand why one would want to do that and get rid of all their EK miles.
What do you mean? Do you think most people use them only to upgrade or buy from EK High Street?
Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

In general it seems upgrade awards stretch the value of the miles more than an outright redemption.

But because I have flexibility and can fly in premium cabins on *A via miles, I don't have much of a use for EK anymore.

Hence yeah, I'm trying to burn off all my miles before my gold status expires.

So back to the topic, is this issue with the saver awards always so erratic or is something up with the system?

Thing is, I have 280K Hhonors points I'll like to burn in SEZ. And I have to book this by Mar 18.

I have just the right amount of miles to book a flight there and back but can't do it if I cant get my flight booked!
Old Mar 14, 2013, 1:18 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by ung1
Here is how I have got through 2.5m miles - 850k for upgrades and 1.65m for tickets. To be honest I do not know how I could use them all for upgrades even if I wanted to. My balance is still 1m.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 2:12 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by mrtdxb
Here is how I have got through 2.5m miles - 850k for upgrades and 1.65m for tickets. To be honest I do not know how I could use them all for upgrades even if I wanted to. My balance is still 1m.
You could always upgrade your fellow Y flying ambassadors
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by whimike
What do you mean? Do you think most people use them only to upgrade or buy from EK High Street?
Originally Posted by mrtdxb
Of course that was a bit of a joke - with where EK prices are going and how their award availability works, I actually just last month booked a flex award (in Y, that too), because they wanted something like $700 for SIN-CMB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.