FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   All Non-A380 Saver Awards Absent (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1447329-all-non-a380-saver-awards-absent.html)

lsed Mar 12, 2013 3:40 pm

All Non-A380 Saver Awards Absent

Seems I cant find any saver award tickets N / D (Probably even F)
on flights that are not an A380. All the way to 2014.

Was fine yesterday.

Hoping it's some glitch.

edy4eva Mar 12, 2013 3:42 pm

Hopefully not another 'enhancement' for aligning with QF

dogsrock Mar 12, 2013 5:38 pm

I find QF prices typically more expensive than EK. Even doing price comparisons for after the "together" moment that has been the case.

Hopefully EK regulars, particularly those who enjoy Saver fares, will not be the ones to suffer from this "togetherness". Otherwise Cathay whose prices are typically similar to EK Savers beckons on the OZ routes for me.

Budley Mar 12, 2013 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by dogsrock (Post 20408944)
I find QF prices typically more expensive than EK. Even doing price comparisons for after the "together" moment that has been the case.

Hopefully EK regulars, particularly those who enjoy Saver fares, will not be the ones to suffer from this "togetherness". Otherwise Cathay whose prices are typically similar to EK Savers beckons on the OZ routes for me.

I'm Gold on both QF and EK. No doubt about it, QF will try and lift the fares. It's their stock-in-trade, the only way they know how to do business.

I can just watch and see what happens, with no pressure, as I am Gold with both airlines until at least August 2014, without making another booking. If Qantas prices itself out of the market (and it could, as its management has a certain mindset), I'll just fall back to the Star Alliance, with whom I am lifetime Gold.

And I don't think many QF pax will like the manic nature of the DXB terminals, especially if not flying C or F. Doesn't compare well with Singapore at all.

It will be interesting to see how it goes

lsed Mar 13, 2013 3:07 pm

Still cant get saver fares.

No one else interested in saver redemptions?

mrtdxb Mar 13, 2013 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by lsed (Post 20414368)
Still cant get saver fares.

No one else interested in saver redemptions?

Given what you have observed and the recent elimination of F flex awards coming from the "A" bucket maybe Flex award levels will soon be the new Saver levels and we can expect to see "Super-Flex" soon at even higher points values?

lsed Mar 14, 2013 4:15 am

I would have thought they would at least have done this post freddie awards voting, if they're actually going to scrap saver awards completely sans A380s.
But that still doesnt make sense to me.

Edit:

Ok seeing the saver awards back again

lsed Mar 14, 2013 7:54 am

So saver fares are back but now I'm seeing a lot less availablity - less than the sum of parts.

eg X - DXB , DXB - Y has fares in Saver individually, but if I try to search X - DXB - Y it shows only Flex.

It was almost all saver fares when I searched X - DXB - Y just 2 days ago, now it's all flex.

If I force in a stopover even though connection is less than 24 hours, then it shows up as Saver + Saver.

Thing is I can only do 1 Stop over per Saver ticket.

Frustrating to say the least! I feel as if I'm trying to book a flight on QR!

ung1 Mar 14, 2013 9:15 am

Originally Posted by lsed (Post 20417875)
So saver fares are back but now I'm seeing a lot less availablity - less than the sum of parts.

eg X - DXB , DXB - Y has fares in Saver individually, but if I try to search X - DXB - Y it shows only Flex.

It was almost all saver fares when I searched X - DXB - Y just 2 days ago, now it's all flex.

If I force in a stopover even though connection is less than 24 hours, then it shows up as Saver + Saver.

Thing is I can only do 1 Stop over per Saver ticket.

Frustrating to say the least! I feel as if I'm trying to book a flight on QR!

Well - no one really uses miles for redemption bookings, but I can understand why one would want to do that and get rid of all their EK miles.

I actually changed an earlier ticket and then paid extra to change the return leg to a flex fare. I don't know why - it only earns another 2000 tier miles, and I'm nowhere near Gold this year. And, there's no upgrade availability.

whimike Mar 14, 2013 11:56 am

Originally Posted by ung1 (Post 20418301)
Well - no one really uses miles for redemption bookings, but I can understand why one would want to do that and get rid of all their EK miles.

What do you mean? Do you think most people use them only to upgrade or buy from EK High Street?

lsed Mar 14, 2013 12:26 pm

In general it seems upgrade awards stretch the value of the miles more than an outright redemption.

But because I have flexibility and can fly in premium cabins on *A via miles, I don't have much of a use for EK anymore.

Hence yeah, I'm trying to burn off all my miles before my gold status expires.

So back to the topic, is this issue with the saver awards always so erratic or is something up with the system?

Thing is, I have 280K Hhonors points I'll like to burn in SEZ. And I have to book this by Mar 18.

I have just the right amount of miles to book a flight there and back but can't do it if I cant get my flight booked!

mrtdxb Mar 14, 2013 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by ung1 (Post 20418301)

Here is how I have got through 2.5m miles - 850k for upgrades and 1.65m for tickets. To be honest I do not know how I could use them all for upgrades even if I wanted to. My balance is still 1m.

DYKWIA Mar 14, 2013 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by mrtdxb (Post 20419728)
Here is how I have got through 2.5m miles - 850k for upgrades and 1.65m for tickets. To be honest I do not know how I could use them all for upgrades even if I wanted to. My balance is still 1m.

You could always upgrade your fellow Y flying ambassadors :)

ung1 Mar 15, 2013 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by whimike (Post 20419232)
What do you mean? Do you think most people use them only to upgrade or buy from EK High Street?

Originally Posted by mrtdxb (Post 20419728)

Of course that was a bit of a joke - with where EK prices are going and how their award availability works, I actually just last month booked a flex award (in Y, that too), because they wanted something like $700 for SIN-CMB.