Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Through luggage question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2013, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Through luggage question

Hi. I have the option of flying American/Delta from Miami to JFK and then connecting on Emirates to Dubai. Does anyone know if I can check in my luggage through on the Emirates flight via either of these airlines? Else which one should I fly?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 11:55 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by vcg111
Hi. I have the option of flying American/Delta from Miami to JFK and then connecting on Emirates to Dubai. Does anyone know if I can check in my luggage through on the Emirates flight via either of these airlines? Else which one should I fly?
If it's all on one ticket, then you should be OK. Not sure, otherwise.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 12:54 am

American/Emirates will be no problem. Not sure about Delta.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 6:41 am
Suspended

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
Delta will also check your luggage through to emirates to your final destination.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL PM
Delta has informed me that I can check my luggage all the way through from FLL though I am on separate tickets. I haven't flown out of JFK in years so not sure where EK is located? Is there just a connection bus out front to catch? Thanks
Old Mar 14, 2013, 6:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Jac747
Delta has informed me that I can check my luggage all the way through from FLL though I am on separate tickets. I haven't flown out of JFK in years so not sure where EK is located? Is there just a connection bus out front to catch? Thanks
EK flys out of terminal 4 at JFK. There is an AirTran that connects all the terminals, and you might arrive into terminal 2,3, or maybe even 4. If you do arrive into 4 you need to exit the concourse anyway and go to the other side of the terminal bc DL flies out of the B side of T4 at JFK while EK flies out of the A side. If you fly into 2 or 3, just follow the signs to the AirTran, and it will drop you off in T4, where you just have to take an escalator up to the check in area, and the EK check in is pretty close to the air train station if I remember right. Also, no need to pick up your bags as they will already be transferred over to EK from DL.

-ek202
Old Mar 14, 2013, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL PM
Thanks so much, you've been very helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.