Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Flight delayed in BOM for 13 hours

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2013, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1P, Hertz Gold #1 5*, Avis First, HH Gold, Marriott Silver

Title says pretty much all...
TOI: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/18757013.cms

Unlike some other airlines I frequent (and at the risk of a flame war), how come Emirates did not
  • rebook passengers on other Emirates flights? There are 5 flights a day
  • rebook passengers on other airlines? BOM-DXB is a heavily travelled route.

Any thoughts?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 11:22 pm

Programs: QR Silver
My dad an wife were on this flight!
I tried contacting him asking about exactly what you ask, and according to him they were not rebooked on any of the other EK flights due to all of them being completely full. Didn't ask about other airlines though. I also tried asking what they received from EK as he delay got longer, but as he is not one for writing long text messages all I know is that they were given meal vouchers. Don't know the amount, or if it was for one or more meals though. I would have ecpected at least 3 meals for that long?

What other rights do they have in such a situation?

Lucky for them they did not have a connecting flight to catch, as they have a 2 day stop over before heading to DAR, but their first experience of Dubai was cut short one day!

He also told me about the scuffle when police had to intervene, absolutely crazy!
I've experienced the same once before in BOM in 2002 when an AI flight to LHR was heavily delayed, and some passengers formed a protest march chanting 'Air India Hai Hai!!'.

Luckily they al arrived safe and sound in DXB, but i'm glad it wasn't me!
Old Mar 1, 2013, 11:37 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

This happened to me on LH once, in BOM. They set-up an immigration desk for us, we reentered the country, and they sent us to hotels. It was chaotic, but not this bad. Can't believe EK pulled this for 13 hours. Hope at least J had a better deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.