Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Silver to Gold query

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2013, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Silver to Gold query

We both have 76,709 Skywards Miles and 33,750 Tier Miles (I could ask why such a difference but I'll read the EK website and FAO's on this forum to find out). We just came back from MEL to GLA in J last week. At check-in in MEL the attendant said 'good news, you will go up from Silver to Gold after you finish this journey' when looking out our details.

Well, I just logged in to Skywards and it tells me we are silver and need 16,250 tier miles by TOMORROW to achieve gold.

Did the guy in MEL get it wrong, confuse Skywards and Tier Miles or what? (33.750 + 16,250 to give 50,000 looks right I must say).

I don't think it is going to make any great difference to us if we don't have gold because we intend to travel J in future so will have the benefits we want like chaffeur, lounge access etc and won't be trying to get lesser mortals into lounges or get a personal welcome from a steward.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 4:00 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by OzTennis
We both have 76,709 Skywards Miles and 33,750 Tier Miles (I could ask why such a difference but I'll read the EK website and FAO's on this forum to find out). We just came back from MEL to GLA in J last week. At check-in in MEL the attendant said 'good news, you will go up from Silver to Gold after you finish this journey' when looking out our details.

Well, I just logged in to Skywards and it tells me we are silver and need 16,250 tier miles by TOMORROW to achieve gold.

Did the guy in MEL get it wrong, confuse Skywards and Tier Miles or what? (33.750 + 16,250 to give 50,000 looks right I must say).

I don't think it is going to make any great difference to us if we don't have gold because we intend to travel J in future so will have the benefits we want like chaffeur, lounge access etc and won't be trying to get lesser mortals into lounges or get a personal welcome from a steward.
Does your most recent trip show in your tier status summary? If so, how many points did you get? Note that "saver" fares give half status miles, so if you have travelled a lot on saver fares, expect a discrepancy. ALso, silver gives 25% bonus normal miles but not tier miles. This could make a further the difference.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by weasel07
Does your most recent trip show in your tier status summary? If so, how many points did you get? Note that "saver" fares give half status miles, so if you have travelled a lot on saver fares, expect a discrepancy. ALso, silver gives 25% bonus normal miles but not tier miles. This could make a further the difference.
Thanks, yes it does show on statement - 22,500 TM's for the round trip; was a saver fare.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 9:15 am
Original Poster

I reckon I'm in Alice in Wonderland, things get 'curiouser and curiouser'. I got this email today:

You currently require 2,500 tier miles to retain your SILVER status.

While your review date has just passed on 28 February 2013, we would like to offer you an additional month to earn the remaining 2,500 tier miles required to retain your SILVER status.

We do understand that travel patterns tend to fluctuate. In recognition of this and your continued loyalty, we hope you can take advantage of earning your remaining tier miles by 31 March 2013. If your account is missing any flight activities, you can Claim Missing Miles online. If there are other reasons for reducing your travel with Emirates, we welcome you to share your feedback so that we can better understand matters impacting your travel with us.

Yours sincerely,
Skywards Member Services

It seems rather than going up, we're going down!!!! Again as per earlier comment, if we travel J it isn't going to make any great odds to us if we are blue, silver or gold. It just seems odd that a GLA-MELJ return every year for last 3 years (albeit saver) leads to a drop to Blue?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 8:52 pm

Were you in J for both legs of you journey? Saver or Flex? It's normally laid out quite well in the "My Tier Status" page on Skywards.com.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101
Were you in J for both legs of you journey? Saver or Flex? It's normally laid out quite well in the "My Tier Status" page on Skywards.com.
Yep, J saver, both ways, 1 trip p.a. last 3 years (plenty of Y before that). I'll check that out thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.