FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Silver to Gold query
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2013, 4:00 am
weasel07

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by OzTennis
We both have 76,709 Skywards Miles and 33,750 Tier Miles (I could ask why such a difference but I'll read the EK website and FAO's on this forum to find out). We just came back from MEL to GLA in J last week. At check-in in MEL the attendant said 'good news, you will go up from Silver to Gold after you finish this journey' when looking out our details.

Well, I just logged in to Skywards and it tells me we are silver and need 16,250 tier miles by TOMORROW to achieve gold.

Did the guy in MEL get it wrong, confuse Skywards and Tier Miles or what? (33.750 + 16,250 to give 50,000 looks right I must say).

I don't think it is going to make any great difference to us if we don't have gold because we intend to travel J in future so will have the benefits we want like chaffeur, lounge access etc and won't be trying to get lesser mortals into lounges or get a personal welcome from a steward.
Does your most recent trip show in your tier status summary? If so, how many points did you get? Note that "saver" fares give half status miles, so if you have travelled a lot on saver fares, expect a discrepancy. ALso, silver gives 25% bonus normal miles but not tier miles. This could make a further the difference.