Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skywards New 4th Tier - Platinum

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2016, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Wtravel
Although those Star Alliance above Gold tiers give you, IMO, more than EK Plat: e.g., I definitely get a lot more out of my LX HON than my EK Plat. The only practical (and negligible) benefit to me is that I can use the EK F lounge in DXB when travelling in C, so as someone who flies in premium cabins anyway, I don,t really get anything out of Plat. But then again, I have EK Plat by default, i.e., flying EK as the best option on my routes, not because I channel any business to EK to make Plat...
I agree - I didn't mean to imply that EK Plat offered benefits equivalent to any Star Carrier's own top tier!

EK Plat strikes me as an afterthought or reluctant addition just to look "competitive" - Skywards is aimed at people who don't have any choice in travelling imho.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 9:26 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
I agree - I didn't mean to imply that EK Plat offered benefits equivalent to any Star Carrier's own top tier!

EK Plat strikes me as an afterthought or reluctant addition just to look "competitive" - Skywards is aimed at people who don't have any choice in travelling imho.
It was implemented because of qantas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.