Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

'Flight re-scheduled' in manage a booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2012, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Hi,

We've booked a GLA-MEL return in J class and I'd gone into Skywards, Manage a Booking and selected seats and booked chaffeur drive a few months ago. I just went in today and one flight, 407, MEL-DXB says Flight re-scheduled in red. The seats I'd booked now come up as None, the chaffeur drive to the airport has disappeared and I can't re-enter either - presumably because the flight has been re-scheduled. However, it is still showing the same departure time and type of aircraft (A380-800)

Any suggestions as to what is happening? Presumably I can try again in a week or so to see if the flight status has been updated and seat selection and chaffeur booking are available but I was just curious as to what this meant.

Another thing I don't understand is that the Skywards miles for myself and my wife are different and we have done identical journeys together. We're both Silver, I've got 49,709 and she has 52,209. I'm always the lead passenger on the booking, is it to do with this?

Thanks in advance for any replies
Old Aug 4, 2012, 6:21 am

For when is the travel date on EK407?
Old Aug 4, 2012, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edy4eva
For when is the travel date on EK407?
19th February 2013
Old Aug 4, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: EK Gold
This happened to me a couple of times, I had to ring my local Emirates office and re-confirm it all with them. They did something their end and next time in MYB it was all back to normal.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: EK Skywards | SQ Krisflyer | VA Velocity | EY Guest | CX AsiaMiles
I've had this happen on a LHR-DXB sector. All I did was contact the local office in the UK regarding the issue and they assured me I would, one be on that flight in that seat and will be taken to the airport by their chauffeur drive service.

all in all, give your local office a call and see what they say.... ^
Old Aug 4, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
This happened to me last year, when my original AMM-DXB flight was cancelled, and I was rebooked onto a flight later that day. I called EK and they reissued the ticket (or so she said). Everything was fine when I next went into MMB. My upgrade (J to F) and chauffeur drive request were intact.

The nice part was that as a result of the change I went from F on a 332 to skycruiser on a 773.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 12:27 am
Original Poster

Thanks for advice, will contact UK office to sort it out. My curiosity is still not satisfied as to why it happened.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 1:44 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
I had this happen on for a flight this Dec.
Same issue, selected seats and booked chaffeur drive all missing, and unable to access that sector.
Within a few days mmb was all fixed with re-scheduled flight showing my original seat and
chaffeur drive.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 5:00 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Just logged in to MMB and notice I have the same situation for an Oct flight. A quick call to EK and it was all sorted, seats can be selected again.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 1:57 am

Programs: Skywards, PIAAwards Plus Diamond, HHonours, SPG, IHG
Originally Posted by OzTennis
Hi,

Another thing I don't understand is that the Skywards miles for myself and my wife are different and we have done identical journeys together. We're both Silver, I've got 49,709 and she has 52,209. I'm always the lead passenger on the booking, is it to do with this?
That's a difference of 2500 miles between you and your wife. One thing I can guess is that she did, but you did not get your first flight bonus, which is 2500 miles for flying in Economy. The only reason I can think of is that you didn't fly within six months of registering with Skywards (I think that's a pre-requisite) or it might be an error made by Skywards in which case you may have to chase them up.

Compare your transaction history with your wife and it should all be clear

Regards
Old Aug 6, 2012, 6:49 am
Original Poster

I made the phone call and it was sorted quickly with original seat selection and chaffeur drive booking restored with a tweak by the guy I spoke to.

Apparently this happened because the expected arrival time of the flight, EK 407, has been changed (to arrive in Dubai 10 minutes earlier). I presume this means if any of the flight details change then an automated system kicks in and wipes choices already made. I wonder how many people have had this happen to them without knowing because they haven't gone back into Skywards after doing all they wanted to do in Manage a Booking?

Re the 2,500 miles difference between myself and wife, despite identical flying records on Emirates for the last 6 years - I went back 3 years in both transaction histories and they are identical. I wondered if there is any point going back further? Another mystery is that her statement shows 1,264 miles expiring 30/11/12 and mine shows 12,709 miles expiring 31/11/13.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 5:51 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
I made the phone call and it was sorted quickly with original seat selection and chaffeur drive booking restored with a tweak by the guy I spoke to.

Apparently this happened because the expected arrival time of the flight, EK 407, has been changed (to arrive in Dubai 10 minutes earlier). I presume this means if any of the flight details change then an automated system kicks in and wipes choices already made. I wonder how many people have had this happen to them without knowing because they haven't gone back into Skywards after doing all they wanted to do in Manage a Booking?

Re the 2,500 miles difference between myself and wife, despite identical flying records on Emirates for the last 6 years - I went back 3 years in both transaction histories and they are identical. I wondered if there is any point going back further? Another mystery is that her statement shows 1,264 miles expiring 30/11/12 and mine shows 12,709 miles expiring 31/11/13.
You can go back to date of joining. Miles expire on the 3rd anniversary of earning in the month of birth
Old Aug 7, 2012, 1:06 am

...... miles expiring 31/11/13.
Do EK know something about next year's calendar that we don't, or is it a leap year with a difference?
Old Aug 8, 2012, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101
Do EK know something about next year's calendar that we don't, or is it a leap year with a difference?
Please select from the following, was it?

a) a reference to a non-Gregorian calendar
b) a deliberate error to see who would spot it
c) an error on EK's part or
d) my error!

I'm going for d)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.