High Value Customer HVC

Old Jul 10, 12, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 1MM Diamond, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
High Value Customer HVC

What is the criteria for getting this posted next to your name on the flight manifest? I was in the A380 bar on my flight 2 days ago and was telling the FA's there that I'd been upgraded to F and blah blah I always talk about the Dubai do and the Nujoum star I got (this is such a great talking point btw) and one of the FA's said I must be an HVC to have gotten upgraded (on the full flight) and she showed me how the manifest with all the names is printed and some have HVC next to them/favorite drink, etc. and I wondered if flying 1 r/t in J every month between BKK-DXB-BKK would be enough to attain the HVC status? With other trips I think I have probably spent about $3.5k per month over the past 12 months which seems probably more than a lot of passengers, but not really anything elite-level. I didn't go up to F to check it out (and by the time I got there I forgot to ask) but would that be HVC levels per Emirates? If so, any way to use that to advantage (ie. in J but want to use the shower or something)? Cheers, Powers
Old Jul 10, 12, 11:41 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, AAdvantage, Krisflyer Elite Silver
I'm also put as an HVC (after 4 years of doing DXB-GLA in paid J every 2 months) and the only bonuses I've received are upgrades, and a First meal on a BUS flight (I am a vegetarian so have a 'special' meal).

I think it's mostly to do with upgrade protocol, and to make sure that you are welcomed specially with your favorite drink, etc.
Old Jul 10, 12, 11:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For comparison, the revenue based UA GS is rumored to require $50,000 spend on fares on UA metal. Other airlines count status miles from full Y or higher fares, sometimes business and FC only, for some top tiers, such as LH and SQ or UA GS renewal (IIRC 50,000 such miles).
Old Jul 10, 12, 1:00 pm

HVC includes all IOs and Skywards Golds as well as some Skywards Silvers.

On some flights as many as half the passengers are so-called HVCs, so that tells you the (lack of) value.
Old Jul 10, 12, 1:51 pm

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG
IO's are classified as HVC*, for what it's worth.
Old Jul 10, 12, 3:59 pm

Programs: BA, VS,
Originally Posted by B747-437B View Post
HVC includes all IOs and Skywards Golds as well as some Skywards Silvers.

On some flights as many as half the passengers are so-called HVCs, so that tells you the (lack of) value.
It is far more fun Being a CIP (commercially important passenger) on a small airline. You then learn what personal service is all about and miss it when is goes.
@:-)
Old Jul 10, 12, 11:44 pm

You would be very surprised if you looked at the manifest and saw how many HVC's there are on a flight. I think the name is much larger than the value of it!
Old Jul 11, 12, 6:30 am

Programs: EK Plat, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
I just flew DXB-JFK with five HVC's and zero HVC*'s on the entire flight (777). Hit or miss...

Unless you B747 then you are always 1 of 243 HVC's...

-Phil

Search this Thread
Search Engine: