Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2012, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Upgrade Question

I have a friend who is flying ADD-DXB-YYZ in a month or so. I'd like to possibly upgrade her with a meager supply of points that I have, but it appears that availability is only available from ADD-DXB portion. Because of the timing of the flights, she will be forced to overnight and as a Canadian citizen (who is very poor as an aid worker) she was planning to just rent one of the airside sleeping rooms and wait out her second leg which departs the following day.

Aside from a nicer seat for four hours, what advantages if any will she has a connecting passenger connecting in DXB from Business to Economy? She is a simpler person, but being pampered is fun from time to time... My points will likely expire soon, so I'd like to use them on her if I can.

Will she have any lounge benefits in DXB as a transiting passenger (especially one who doesn't actually connect until the following day)? Will any increase in baggage allowance be effective for her connection as well? Just trying to maximize anything for her that she can have and any help would be terrific!
Old Jun 25, 2012, 3:16 pm

She will probably be entitled to an STPC hotel room for her overnight stay.

http://www.emirates.com/english/plan...stopovers.aspx
Old Jun 25, 2012, 9:11 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Make sure ticket is held in an applicable fare class.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:36 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by MikeyC
I have a friend who is flying ADD-DXB-YYZ in a month or so. I'd like to possibly upgrade her with a meager supply of points that I have, but it appears that availability is only available from ADD-DXB portion. Because of the timing of the flights, she will be forced to overnight and as a Canadian citizen (who is very poor as an aid worker) she was planning to just rent one of the airside sleeping rooms and wait out her second leg which departs the following day.

Aside from a nicer seat for four hours, what advantages if any will she has a connecting passenger connecting in DXB from Business to Economy? She is a simpler person, but being pampered is fun from time to time... My points will likely expire soon, so I'd like to use them on her if I can.

Will she have any lounge benefits in DXB as a transiting passenger n(especially one who doesn't actually connect until the following day)? Will any increase in baggage allowance be effective for her connection as well? Just trying to maximize anything for her that she can have and any help would be terrific!
She will be entitled to use the Business Class lounge in T3 and increased baggage allowance (2 x 32KG I believe it is to NA). Another option is to try and get a 96-hour transit visa on arrival in DXB
Old Jun 26, 2012, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Zol
She will be entitled to use the Business Class lounge in T3 and increased baggage allowance (2 x 32KG I believe it is to NA). Another option is to try and get a 96-hour transit visa on arrival in DXB
Since she is arriving in J and departing in Y, how will she have J lounge access? It will only be lounge in ADD, not in DXB.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 7:20 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ung1
Since she is arriving in J and departing in Y, how will she have J lounge access? It will only be lounge in ADD, not in DXB.
On the basis that she's upgrading to YYZ, not otherwise
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the help. I think I've got a much clearer understanding now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.