Wiki Posts
Search

JFK Award Seats

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2012, 11:35 am
Original Poster

JFK Award Seats

Hi all

I'm a long-term dweller here, but this is my first post.

I'm having a little issue - I fly DXB-JFK return about once every 2 months. Suddenly, in the past month or so, I can't get a damn upgrade from Y-J!

I'm a gold.

My next flight to JFK is July 14, and Expertflyer says no availability. I did a little checking around that date, and it seems that for most of June and all of July/August, there are NO D class seats available on EK201.

I know that it's summer, but it hasn't been this hard in the past few years?

Anyone know what the deal is?

I was lucky enough to get op-upped last time (my FIRST op up in 5 years as a Gold, thank you!), but don't hold my breath on that happening again.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 4:12 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by Fooboo
Hi all

I'm a long-term dweller here, but this is my first post.

I'm having a little issue - I fly DXB-JFK return about once every 2 months. Suddenly, in the past month or so, I can't get a damn upgrade from Y-J!

I'm a gold.

My next flight to JFK is July 14, and Expertflyer says no availability. I did a little checking around that date, and it seems that for most of June and all of July/August, there are NO D class seats available on EK201.

I know that it's summer, but it hasn't been this hard in the past few years?

Anyone know what the deal is?

I was lucky enough to get op-upped last time (my FIRST op up in 5 years as a Gold, thank you!), but don't hold my breath on that happening again.
Might clear closer to the date of the flight.Set up an expertflyer seat alert and upgrade as soon as the upgrade is available.

Regarding op ups,my op up rate for my last 8 sectors flown on EK has been 37.5%. And it was NIL for the previous 20 odd sectors!!!. So you do get a lucky streak once in a while. My surname begins with a letter towards the end of the alphabet which doesnt help either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.