IFE Screen Upgrades for B77Ws

Old Jun 1, 2012, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Skywards | SQ Krisflyer | VA Velocity | EY Guest | CX AsiaMiles
IFE Screen Upgrades for B77Ws

Emirates announced that their entire B77W will receive upgraded IFE screens effective immediately.

First Class (F) passengers can now enjoy I.C.E on a 27" Full HD screen, Business Class (J) on a 20" Full HD screen and Economy Class (Y) on a 12.1" Full HD Screen.

A6-EGP, A6-EGQ and the recently delivered A6-EGR have already been fitted with the new screens manufactured by Panasonic.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: EK Gold
Does this mean that the aircraft in service that have the old recliner seats where the tv pops out / comes out of the seat are being upgraded?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichL
Does this mean that the aircraft in service that have the old recliner seats where the tv pops out / comes out of the seat are being upgraded?
I would say so, as it would be a waste of money and time if the new IFE's were just installed.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 8:11 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
I would say - don't hold your breath". No way that this could happen unless and until the seats are replaced with the "shell" seats.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 11:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
When you say 'effective immediately' does that mean all aircraft have already been refitted? Or they will all be refitted overnight? Or all new deliveries will sport bigger screens?

There is already quite a difference between the ICE and ICE digital widescreen screens in Suites for example.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ung1
When you say 'effective immediately' does that mean all aircraft have already been refitted? Or they will all be refitted overnight? Or all new deliveries will sport bigger screens?

There is already quite a difference between the ICE and ICE digital widescreen screens in Suites for example.
I presume work will start on the required changes as the aircraft are brought in for scheduled maintenance.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 3:21 am

The news release indicates new B777 deliveries and retrofitting to A380s, but no mention of older B777s being upgraded.

The enhanced screens and GUI will be introduced on all new Boeing 777 joining the Emirates fleet and subsequently over the next year on Emirates A380 aircraft. The system will be available in all classes of service, an Emirates standard.
Full article:
http://www.emirates.com/english/abou...86459&offset=0
Old Jun 4, 2012, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Industry analyst Saj Ahmad said: "Emirates investment in its Boeing 777 fleet stands out for two key reasons. First is that the airplane is the backbone of its long haul fleet and by extension, adding in new in flight entertainment systems that deliver High Definition programming and services will serve to enrich the passenger experience. Secondly, it has become quite apparent to Emirates that their deliveries of A350-900s will be significantly delayed and therefore the airline has elected to modernise its entire 777 fleet, some of the early models which will now be in service until 2016 and beyond so they're investing in a homogenous product across its 777 fleet.
http://www.arabianaerospace.aero/emi...-with-ice.html
Old Jun 4, 2012, 7:00 am

I wonder which routes the new 777s are flying?

Last edited by leogeo; Jun 4, 2012 at 7:06 am
Old Jun 4, 2012, 7:08 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, BMI Gold, EK Skywards Gold, BA Gold, IC Hotels Platinum Ambassador
Are the EK 777 Y seats wide enough for a 12in screen I think is the more pertinent point!

How about spending the cash making em 9 across and then I will consider flying on em!
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by chunk73
How about spending the cash making em 9 across and then I will consider flying on em!
I think that's wishful thinking!
Old Jun 7, 2012, 12:03 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
i am not sufficiently familiar with all the cabin/seat variants, but I thought that all the B777-300ER had the shell seats now? Old recliners only on some - or all - the B777-300?

Thanks for any clarification
Old Jun 7, 2012, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
i am not sufficiently familiar with all the cabin/seat variants, but I thought that all the B777-300ER had the shell seats now? Old recliners only on some - or all - the B777-300?

Thanks for any clarification
Other way round I think - all 12 x B777-300s have lie flats while there are still -ERs with the "deeply reclining" product in J going by the fleet information thread.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 4:48 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
Originally Posted by ft101
Other way round I think - all 12 x B777-300s have lie flats while there are still -ERs with the "deeply reclining" product in J going by the fleet information thread.
That's correct and easy to remember: All non-ER 777-300 have shell/ lie flat seats.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 8:12 am

Programs: EK Gold
For info, A6-EBT, A6-EBV and A6-ECB are (I think) the only 300ER's that still have the old recliners?

Without going into that other thread

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.