IFE Screen Upgrades for B77Ws

Old Jun 8, 12, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by RichL View Post
For info, A6-EBT, A6-EBV and A6-ECB are (I think) the only 300ER's that still have the old recliners?

Without going into that other thread
Several more according to the other thread, but it hasn't been updated for a while. Do you have a more up to date source?
Old Jun 8, 12, 1:38 pm

Programs: EK Gold
Only the list I have been compiling of the aircraft that have been in and out of BHX for the past year, I only had those 3 mentioned down on my list - which also means I am totally wrong it seems
Old Jun 8, 12, 4:39 pm

As far as I know, the only 2-class ER's with the old seats are A6-EBV and ECB. There are still quite a number of 3-class with the old seats though. A6-EBC, EBE, EBG, EBJ, EBM and EBN and EBO all have the older first class and business class seats.
Old Jun 9, 12, 12:56 am

Programs: EK Gold
Yeah, the way I had been doing it was to

1) check what the Emirates website says the seating plan is for the flights BHX-DXB daily

2) Use the App 'Planefinder' which gives me the registration number

3) Compile my database that way.

Admit I have only been doing it for the BHX-DXB route which is normally 2 class config.
Old Jun 9, 12, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by 773ER View Post
As far as I know, the only 2-class ER's with the old seats are A6-EBV and ECB. There are still quite a number of 3-class with the old seats though. A6-EBC, EBE, EBG, EBJ, EBM and EBN and EBO all have the older first class and business class seats.
As above, there are several more listed on the (dated) fleet information thread. Do you have a source as it's good to keep an updated list?
Old Jun 9, 12, 12:25 pm

theeksource.com is pretty decent, but it's becoming a bit out of date now. For the 2-class ER's i've been doing similar to what RichL was doing, but looking at the Glasgow route, before it changed to 3-class. For the 3-class ER's, i've been going by theeksource and looking at data.flight24.com and seeing if any of the aircraft listed as the old seats have been out of service for more than a couple of weeks. Not the most accurate ways of looking at it, but it seems to work. Not entirely sure about the 3-class aircraft, some that I have listed may have been refurbished, but there is definitely no more than what I have listed. Hope this makes sense!
Old Jun 12, 12, 5:49 am

Here's a short demonstration of the system from youtube, not my video... but shows the systems well enough for people who haven't seen it. The video just highlights the new (G.U.I.) system, not the new TV screens by the looks of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-ERvTcO5X8
Old Jun 22, 12, 11:52 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
The new screens are here

The first 777 with the new screens has arrived in DXB

Old Jun 23, 12, 6:45 am
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Will this be for all 777s or only the ones with ice digital widescreen?
Old Jun 24, 12, 11:39 am

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by Xlr View Post
Will this be for all 777s or only the ones with ice digital widescreen?
Per the EK press release

" The enhanced screens and GUI will be introduced on all new Boeing 777 joining the Emirates fleet and subsequently over the next year on Emirates’ A380 aircraft. The system will be available in all classes of service, an Emirates standard."

So it appears only on new delivery 777 and retro fited on the 380..no mention of retro fit on the existing 777 fleet

Last edited by grahampros; Jun 24, 12 at 5:30 pm
Old Jun 26, 12, 1:49 am

I flew yesterday (in Y) on A6-EGP from LHR-DXB and then had the same bird for my DXB-KWI connection.

The new setup is really impressive. Great image quality, vastly improved sound and the touch screens are much more responsive than the earlier versions.
Old Jul 1, 12, 4:42 am

Programs: EK Plat, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Here is an article released today in 7Days. There is a great video at the bottom of the page showing the F suite upgrades. Looks like they changed to wireless touch panel controller to something a bit more sleek and sexy (looks similar to an iPad).

http://www.7daysindubai.com/Emirates...ail/story.html

-Phil
Old Jul 1, 12, 10:56 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
Originally Posted by pjm1300 View Post
Here is an article released today in 7Days. There is a great video at the bottom of the page showing the F suite upgrades. Looks like they changed to wireless touch panel controller to something a bit more sleek and sexy (looks similar to an iPad).

http://www.7daysindubai.com/Emirates...ail/story.html

-Phil
“We put on Iron Maiden a few months ago. The number of emails we got from people saying, ‘Yeah! You’ve got the Maiden... now where’s Metallica? Where’s the Black Sabbath?’” adds Grant.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: