Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Cannot opt in to "Double Miles in F and C" offer - bug?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cannot opt in to "Double Miles in F and C" offer - bug?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2012, 9:41 am

Programs: BA, TK, EK
I managed to opt-in today with no issues.

However, is it just me or do miles accelerator bonuses no longer show during the booking process? Or does that count as a separate promotion that cannot be combined with 'double miles'?
Old Jun 3, 2012, 4:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by father_ted
I managed to opt-in today with no issues.

However, is it just me or do miles accelerator bonuses no longer show during the booking process? Or does that count as a separate promotion that cannot be combined with 'double miles'?
the last double miles promotion was independant of any miles acceletator bonuses and all were earned

Are there any miles accelerator bonuses active this month on the route you want to fly?
Old Jun 3, 2012, 7:21 pm

I made multiple attempts to register. Each time, I got an error message which also said that the problem has been reported. A day after attempt #9 or 10, I get an email saying I have been registered for the promotion along with an apology for the technical difficulties.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 6:16 am

Programs: BA, TK, EK
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
the last double miles promotion was independant of any miles acceletator bonuses and all were earned

Are there any miles accelerator bonuses active this month on the route you want to fly?
On the last double miles promotion, accelerator bonus and double miles bonus showed during booking.

I've tried several routes on which there are accelerator bonuses currently active and none show up during booking. Using dates later in the year (outside the Double Miles offer) all accelerator bonuses show up correctly.

From T&C they exclude earning additional miles from more than one 'promotion'...
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by father_ted
On the last double miles promotion, accelerator bonus and double miles bonus showed during booking.

I've tried several routes on which there are accelerator bonuses currently active and none show up during booking. Using dates later in the year (outside the Double Miles offer) all accelerator bonuses show up correctly.

From T&C they exclude earning additional miles from more than one 'promotion'...
Goody, another "enhancement" no more double dipping... Given that I understand some routes may give more accelerator bonus that you would get with the double miles promotion then before you register think carefully because you could be giving EK an opportunity to give you less miles by doing so. Let the hunt for the deregistration button commence...
Old Jun 4, 2012, 7:32 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver
sorry for asking such a dumb question but the double miles is tier miles or skywards miles? I havent use such promo before and i would like to do a SIN-PRG-CDG-SIN in aug so thought might take advantage of this promo.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 7:44 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by mesmerized
sorry for asking such a dumb question but the double miles is tier miles or skywards miles? I havent use such promo before and i would like to do a SIN-PRG-CDG-SIN in aug so thought might take advantage of this promo.
It's not a dumb question at all. The promo is for Skywards Miles only. I don't think I have ever seen any EK promo around tier miles (well not in the last 3-years anyway) but some of the guys who have been around the program longer than me might remember.

EK/Skywards - IMHO, wouldn't want the membership to grow a whole lot more, given the capacity issues on the lounge network (in DXB) and tier mile promos would only excaberate the situation. One of the reasons they moved to Flex/Saver fares was to put the brakes on membership growth (again, my opinion only).
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by eightblack
It's not a dumb question at all. The promo is for Skywards Miles only. I don't think I have ever seen any EK promo around tier miles (well not in the last 3-years anyway) but some of the guys who have been around the program longer than me might remember.

EK/Skywards - IMHO, wouldn't want the membership to grow a whole lot more, given the capacity issues on the lounge network (in DXB) and tier mile promos would only excaberate the situation. One of the reasons they moved to Flex/Saver fares was to put the brakes on membership growth (again, my opinion only).
yeah i thought so too, else there will be a huge increase in the gold or silver by the end of the promo! haha. Its already quite busy at the lounges when its a full flight. Great shall use this promo together with the free night stay. sorry out of topic, but do you by any chance know the chances of getting an op-up for a silver on SIN-DXB or DXB-PRG? My friend is a silver and i feel bad leaving her alone in the economy.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:12 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

yeah i thought so too, else there will be a huge increase in the gold or silver by the end of the promo! haha. Its already quite busy at the lounges when its a full flight. Great shall use this promo together with the free night stay. sorry out of topic, but do you by any chance know the chances of getting an op-up for a silver on SIN-DXB or DXB-PRG? My friend is a silver and i feel bad leaving her alone in the economy.
SIN-DXB would have to be one of the hardest sectors re op-ups, because of the high mix of Golds and premium fare customers. These flights are always busy, so the chances of a Silver receiving an op-up would be very very slim. I've never received an op-up ex DXB in my 3-years flying EK.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:24 pm

SIN-DXB would have to be one of the hardest sectors re op-ups, because of the high mix of Golds and premium fare customers. These flights are always busy, so the chances of a Silver receiving an op-up would be very very slim. I've never received an op-up ex DXB in my 3-years flying EK.
yeah i thought so too. How about DXB-PRG? Do you know anything much about that sector?
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:50 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

yeah i thought so too. How about DXB-PRG? Do you know anything much about that sector?
It's a 777-200LR, so they're running old F (12 seats), standard J config (ie 42) and condensed Y capacity. Best thing to do would be to open an ExpertFlyer account and monitor loads that way...
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:56 pm

It's a 777-200LR, so they're running old F (12 seats), standard J config (ie 42) and condensed Y capacity. Best thing to do would be to open an ExpertFlyer account and monitor loads that way...
yes i have an EF account, and will monitor from there. Thank you so much.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 7:09 am

Hmmm... I got op upped to F on the DFW-DXB leg on May 25. It was a 77L with 8 suites in F.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
777-200LRs have 8 Suites in F, 42 lie flats in J and 236 (I may be wrong on that one) in Y. There's only one config. I think you're confusing with the 777-200ER.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 9:20 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Originally Posted by ung1
777-200LRs have 8 Suites in F, 42 lie flats in J and 236 (I may be wrong on that one) in Y. There's only one config. I think you're confusing with the 777-200ER.
You're right. My mistake. 777-200LR it is...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.