Wiki Posts
Search

Is this information accurate?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2012, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG
Is this information accurate?

I was under the impression that Flex fares composed of fare classes Y,E,R, and W. (These are the listed fare classes that earn full Y miles on the AS website).

Also, I have a purchased flex fare that has change restrictions listed.

http://www.skywards.com/help_faq.aspx?skinid=2

This FAQ claims that fare class has no bearing on whether a fare is Flex or Saver, and that Flex fares always have no restrictions.

Can someone explain if the information on this link is 100% accurate or not?
Old May 23, 2012, 10:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by lax.sea.jnu
I was under the impression that Flex fares composed of fare classes Y,E,R, and W. (These are the listed fare classes that earn full Y miles on the AS website).

Also, I have a purchased flex fare that has change restrictions listed.

http://www.skywards.com/help_faq.aspx?skinid=2

This FAQ claims that fare class has no bearing on whether a fare is Flex or Saver, and that Flex fares always have no restrictions.

Can someone explain if the information on this link is 100% accurate or not?
The information in the link is mostly correct

From the FAQ, there is 1st the entry

What is a ‘Skywards Saver’ fare?

A 'Skywards Saver' fare is any Emirates fare with either:
(a) eligibility restrictions (such as students; seniors; companions; etc)

(b) a limited sales period (''must purchase by'' date)

(c) limited seat availability and restrictive conditions (such as change fees; min/max stay; flight restrictions or advance purchase)

All fares sold by other airlines, partly flown on Emirates, also fall into this category.

What is a ‘Skywards Flex’ fare?

A Skywards Flex fare is any Emirates fare with none of the above restrictions, i.e. no eligibility or purchase restrictions.

A flex fare has none of those restrictions of a saver fare; it does not mean that it doesn't have any restrictions
Old May 24, 2012, 3:47 am

The link is outdated. Initially, that was the definition of Flex and Saver. However, for the last 8-12 months, they have re-categorised a number of erstwhile Flex fares as Saver fares without any other changes to the fare rules.

I have booked Saver fares which have free changes and I have also booked Flex fares that charged for changes. There is absolutely nothing in the fare rules that differentiates Saver from Flex fares other than the Endorsement "Skywards Flex" or "Skywards Saver".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.