SA codeshare

Old May 15, 2012, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

SA codeshare

Company has booked me on SA 7159 (DXB>JHB), codeshare with EK 761. I'm EK gold.

Can I use EK T3 check-in or lounge?

Can I claim Skywards points?

Thanks for any advice.
Old May 16, 2012, 3:23 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Hi PatrickKH, welcome to FT

You can't access the EK lounge if you are travelling on a flight operated by another carrier. Neither will you earn tier miles but I believe you will earn skywards miles as a partner airline
Old May 16, 2012, 5:51 am

Programs: EY Plat, EK Plat, QR Plat, Hilton Diamond
I flew DXB-CPT in J on a SAA codeshare emirates flight last August and was able to check in at T3 biz section and had access to the lounge.

The day before the flight I was able to access emirates Manage booking, select seats and then print off a emirates ticket (if I remember correctly the online check-in was not available though)

No tier miles were earnt, but I did get miles after sending in my boarding pass.
Old May 16, 2012, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by khalid26
Hi PatrickKH, welcome to FT

You can't access the EK lounge if you are travelling on a flight operated by another carrier. Neither will you earn tier miles but I believe you will earn skywards miles as a partner airline
The flight is operated by EK, so can't see how it is an issue...

DubaiBlue, how did you access your booking on the Emirates website? I am also booked via the SAA codeshare but the SAA PNR does not come up on Emirates. Is there a separate PNR?
Old May 16, 2012, 1:47 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by nickfabb

DubaiBlue, how did you access your booking on the Emirates website? I am also booked via the SAA codeshare but the SAA PNR does not come up on Emirates. Is there a separate PNR?
Ofcourse it is, silly me
Old May 16, 2012, 10:41 pm

Programs: EY Plat, EK Plat, QR Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nickfabb

It was the SAA PNR number but it only worked 24hrs before flight departure, can't remember now if it was the travel agent or if I inquired to emirates who told me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.