Wiki Posts
Search

16 June 2012 - what's going on?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2012, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver
16 June 2012 - what's going on?

I've been trying to book a flight to the UK on Saturday 16 April but there is no availability to LHR or LGW in J or F - tried alternatives such as Geneva but it all looks booked solid. Is this seasonal or is there something going on that I don't know about?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 2:53 am

Must be a glitch. Showing avaiability to me on EK7, 11, 1, 15, 29, 3, 9 and 5. Only J on EK29 shows as full.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Very odd. Just been back on and only showing seats to LGW (preference) from 1500 onwards on the 009. Only economy available on the 015 which is what I'm after. Très bizarre...
Old Apr 30, 2012, 9:29 pm

Potentialy Point of Sale restrictions or tied segments causing problems. What is your full routing and where are you trying to purchase tickets from?
Old May 2, 2012, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

ISB-DXB-LGW return. Tried again after logging into Skywards and it gave me all the dates and flights I wanted. Bizarre.
Old May 14, 2012, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

So..after biting the bullet and deciding to book what was available, I opted for ISB-DXB in J, DXB-LGW in Y (gasp!), LGW-DXB in J and DXB-ISB also in J, all done with the intention of rebooking so the whole thing is in J (at least).

Half an hour on a bad connection to the UK Service Centre last night revealed that on the ISB-DXB sector I was charged an F fare (despite the fact that there is no F on that route) and there are 8 seats available in J on the EK015, the system would not let the erstwhile customer services agent rebook the travel.

I'm a very frequent flyer but this does beg the question about what on earth is going on?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.