Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Skywards Gold Promo

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2012, 10:06 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by eightblack
... the 15% discount on redemptions (which to me is the bonus, rather than the miles).
Why would you say that - isn't using the miles for upgrades a much better use of them than redeeming them for reward tickets?
Old May 7, 2012, 10:19 am

Ummm, I don't want to sound obnoxious but why would I, as the Mod of the EK Forum, make this up?
'Cos you're a dodgy Aussie. Can't trust your lot.
Old May 7, 2012, 5:14 pm
Moderator: Trip Reports
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by jackiedada
Why would you say that - isn't using the miles for upgrades a much better use of them than redeeming them for reward tickets?
Well for me, being able to find a confirmed J award between SIN and the US for family during Dec/Jan NOW is whats important. That's why I would have been annoyed if the original T&C's were enforced - making you wait until one month after the end of your review date (which would have meant I would have only received the bonus miles and the ability to redeem at 15% off in Jan next year) rather than now. Makes sense...
Old May 7, 2012, 10:45 pm

Well for me, being able to find a confirmed J award between SIN and the US for family during Dec/Jan NOW is whats important. That's why I would have been annoyed if the original T&C's were enforced - making you wait until one month after the end of your review date (which would have meant I would have only received the bonus miles and the ability to redeem at 15% off in Jan next year) rather than now. Makes sense...
It does...BTW, assuming that you maintain your current run rate of tier miles for the rest of the year, here is wishing you all the best for your I/O status next year
Old May 7, 2012, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

It does...BTW, assuming that you maintain your current run rate of tier miles for the rest of the year, here is wishing you all the best for your I/O status next year
I wont be holding my breath... Besides, I'm a big enough pain in the bum to my local EK team as it is
Old May 8, 2012, 6:12 am

I can understand the 'NOW' part. What I would like to understand is why would you want to redeem a J award @ 15% discount. Wouldn't buying a Y ticket and then using the miles for an upgrade be a better choice?
Old May 8, 2012, 6:20 am
Original Poster

I can understand the 'NOW' part. What I would like to understand is why would you want to redeem a J award @ 15% discount. Wouldn't buying a Y ticket and then using the miles for an upgrade be a better choice?
That's easy too. Because there's no D class on the dates I want (out in late Dec, return mid Jan) on SIN-JFK. But there is C class. And this is for my wife and daughter. I'd rather confirm the seats now than try and play upgrade roulette on the day of departure. Remember, happy wife, happy life...
Old May 8, 2012, 6:33 am

That's easy too. Because there's no D class on the dates I want (out in late Dec, return mid Jan) on SIN-JFK. But there is C class. And this is for my wife and daughter. I'd rather confirm the seats now than try and play upgrade roulette on the day of departure.
ok, got that.

Remember, happy wife, happy life...
I see... just a piece of advice - you may wanna hide your post about " ... my personal philosophy that as soon as we set foot in an airport (ie the eightblack family) all bets are off and its each man/woman and child for himself"
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...l#post18508760
Old May 8, 2012, 6:38 am
Original Poster

ok, got that.

I see... just a piece of advice - you may wanna hide your post about " ... my personal philosophy that as soon as we set foot in an airport (ie the eightblack family) all bets are off and its each man/woman and child for himself"
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...l#post18508760
Thankfully she doesn't read FT. And besides, my bark is much worse than my bite. Or as she says, "all talk, no action..."
Old May 8, 2012, 5:03 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Ok, so I opted in for the promo (my target as set by Skywards was achieve the following tier miles below):
Did we physically have to opt-in for the promo?! I thought it was automatic?
Old May 8, 2012, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whimike
From memory, I received the initial email and you had to agree/opt-in at the start, which I think is the way most Skywards promos work.
Old May 8, 2012, 7:51 pm

Yes, you need to opt-in for the promo. Once you do that, it'll start showing up on your Skywards account home page and keep reminding you on how many miles you still require to qualify for the offer.

PS - the promo reminder on the Skywards page has not been programmed thoughtfully so the menus on the skywards page actually open behind the reminder
Old May 9, 2012, 4:14 am

From memory, I received the initial email and you had to agree/opt-in at the start, which I think is the way most Skywards promos work.
Why do they make you opt-in? Is there somebody that would not want to opt-in?! Oh, forgot, B747!! He doesn't like being given things he hasn't asked for. I can just imagine an extra 65k miles put into his account without his consent, he would be ready to tear somebody at EK a new ....

Well, its a good thing that I opted-in then!! Sheesh, I can't even recall my actions back to April 1st. All this flying on EK has caused damage to my memory cells.

Just like the other day I noticed I had a trip to Dubai booked in mid-June, and I couldn't figure out why...
Old May 9, 2012, 4:56 am

I can just imagine an extra 65k miles put into his account without his consent, he would be ready to tear somebody at EK a new ....
No, a simple email to advise them of the error would suffice. I've had the issue with a number of other airlines and they have usually been very prompt in correcting their error.
Old May 11, 2012, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B
No, a simple email to advise them of the error would suffice. I've had the issue with a number of other airlines and they have usually been very prompt in correcting their error.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.