Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK413 not available but F and A showing on EF

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2012, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Have booked a flight from SYD to DXB on 21 Dec in first. Both the 6am flight and the flight via BKK show as options in the booking window but EK412 the direct evening service shows as unavailabe, however expert flyer shows both A and F availability. Any ideas as to why? I would have thought if these classes show on EF they would show in the booking window?

Have currently chosen the 777 via BKK which is fine, but am curious as to the reason.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 1:22 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
EF is not very reliable when it comes to EK, it will vary based on POS etc...
Old Jan 31, 2012, 9:05 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
If you're only flying to DXB they'll force you onto a flight with a connection, and keep the direct flight for people connecting from Europe/ USA. Since EF POS is UK/ USA, you see availability when actually there is none.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, I'm connecting thought to Rome though. Any further thoughts?
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:50 pm

Umm, I just checked both EF and EK's website:
- EK413/EK95 (and EK97) show as available P4A4/P2A2 (and P2A2)
- On EK website, I searched for 4 seats in F (return) on that date and it pulled EK413 with both combinations.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:30 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by scwappy
Thanks, I'm connecting thought to Rome though. Any further thoughts?
It really depends on where the revenue is coming in from etc. and may vary based on POS. DXB - SIN you're usually forced onto the flight via CMB or the 354 because they want to keep space on the 404 and 432 for pax from Australia and for connections from the US. From Europe you still get funny connections with 8 hr layovers in CMB and MLE.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Many thanks for the responses. I guess I thought if I could see the fare class available on a specific flight I could book it. Something new learnt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.