Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Skywards referral bonuses - back again?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2012, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold

This text is in latest Skywards Newsletter:

Spread the word and refer ten of your friends and family members to join Skywards and collect up to 4,000 Miles the first time each friend flies on Emirates. Your friends can start enjoying Skywards benefits straight away, beginning with their first-flight bonus Miles. Please click below and log in by 31 March 2012 and we will send them an invitation to join on your behalf.

I do not know if it means you must refer ten people to qualify or if they really mean up to ten people.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 8:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
I think it means upto 4,000 miles the first time each friend flies, and not only if all 10 fly. The bigger question is what the 'upto' 4,000 means. It'll probably be 500 if the friend flies in Y, 1500 in J and 4000 in F.
Old May 13, 2012, 5:06 am

Programs: HH Diamond; BA Gold
Are there referrals for new joiners? Looking to join if so and someone wants the pleasure!
Old Oct 23, 2013, 12:09 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Just bumping up this thread in case there are FT'ers who dont know about this (I didnt know about this for a long time !!) and new members.

Looks like its still on but I havent sent any referral links to anyone yet.

You have to log on to your skywards account first before clicking the refer a friend link

Here are the T&C 's

You can refer up to 10 family members, friends or colleagues who are not already Emirates Skywards or Family Bonus members.
Nominees must be over the age of 16.
For you to receive the promotion offer, your nominees must join Emirates Skywards within the eligible promotion period and take their first flight within six months of becoming a member.
Applications received after 24:00 hours on the last day of a promotion cannot be considered for that promotion.
On the general promotion, you earn 1,500 Skywards Miles if your nominee joins Emirates Skywards and flies in Economy Class, 2,500 Skywards Miles if they fly Business Class and 4,000 Skywards Miles if they fly First Class.

Last edited by ukdoctor; Oct 23, 2013 at 12:41 am
Old Oct 23, 2013, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Looks like its still on but I havent sent any referral links to anyone yet.
Still on - I referred someone a couple of months ago and the bonus points came into my account sometime in the last couple of weeks.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 12:47 am

I've referred 8 people so far. All have flown economy so get 1500 miles for each one. The miles are credited to my account the same time theirs are credited to theirs (normally within 24 hours of them taking their first flight). They have 6 months from signing up until taking their first flight for you to get the referral miles.

Pretty good for nothing.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 1:51 am

I clicked on the link 'refer a friend' but an error message came up saying page not available.
Is there another way around it?
Old Oct 23, 2013, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by Northumberland Lady
I clicked on the link 'refer a friend' but an error message came up saying page not available.
Is there another way around it?
Were you logged in? Try using a different browser
Old Oct 23, 2013, 5:12 am

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by ung1
I think it means upto 4,000 miles the first time each friend flies, and not only if all 10 fly. The bigger question is what the 'upto' 4,000 means. It'll probably be 500 if the friend flies in Y, 1500 in J and 4000 in F.
Yep, I got 1500 last week for my colleague / friend in J for their first time.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by RichL
Yep, I got 1500 last week for my colleague / friend in J for their first time.
Shouldn't it be 2500 for J????
Old Oct 24, 2013, 1:10 pm

Programs: EK Gold
Maybe it was I need to check...
Old Oct 24, 2013, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Were you logged in? Try using a different browser
Yes I was logged in - have tried again but just cannot get it to work for some reason.
Will try again in by couple of days. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.