FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Upgrade emails offers FAQ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1297996-upgrade-emails-offers-faq.html)

ukdoctor Jan 8, 2012 5:34 am

Originally Posted by ft101 (Post 17770246)
OT but A6-EGG joined the fleet on 11th October and made first flight on 14th October flying EK420 DXB-PER.

Source: http://theeksource.com/october2011.html

oops, my bad:)

Brussels traveller Jan 9, 2012 5:07 am

4 years with over 200k tier miles (mostly J) each year (so lots of sectors) and never received a single upgrade e-mail.

Must be totally random. Either that or they have some sort of a policy that does not send it to Golds because they figure that they could pay full price anyway??

ukdoctor Jan 9, 2012 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Brussels traveller (Post 17777201)
4 years with over 200k tier miles (mostly J) each year (so lots of sectors) and never received a single upgrade e-mail.

Must be totally random. Either that or they have some sort of a policy that does not send it to Golds because they figure that they could pay full price anyway??

I have had upgrade offer emails when I was silver. None in the last 3 years when I have been gold.

mrtdxb Jan 9, 2012 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by ukdoctor (Post 17777907)
I have had upgrade offer emails when I was silver. None in the last 3 years when I have been gold.

For what it is worth I have never had one in six years of being Gold ...

Zol Jan 10, 2012 4:17 am

Originally Posted by mrtdxb (Post 17782388)

mrtdxb you don't get those when flying F :p

ukdoctor Jan 10, 2012 5:44 am

Originally Posted by mrtdxb (Post 17782388)

What??? Do you want to be upgraded to the cockpit????You fly F anyway!!!:D:D:D

mrtdxb Jan 10, 2012 9:04 am

Originally Posted by ukdoctor (Post 17784487)
What??? Do you want to be upgraded to the cockpit????You fly F anyway!!!:D:D:D

Ahhh, is that is what is the other side of that locked door near the toilets? - I thought it was a special Premier Class and always wanted to try it! :D

I have flown J a few times I promise (when F was full) so I suppose they did not need to send any upgrade offers ... I guess I just feel left out sometimes!

Brussels traveller Jan 10, 2012 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by ukdoctor (Post 17777907)

Interesting that none of the Golds seem to be getting the upgrade e-mails. Any Golds on here who have received them?

SingaporeJoe Jan 11, 2012 12:25 am

Originally Posted by Brussels traveller (Post 17790821)
Interesting that none of the Golds seem to be getting the upgrade e-mails. Any Golds on here who have received them?

I have once shortly after becoming gold, but after that I haven't been flying that much in economy so it's hard to tell whether that was just a system error or something else.

B747-437B Jan 11, 2012 1:30 am

Originally Posted by Brussels traveller (Post 17790821)

Yes. Multiple times.

yyzlhr Jan 11, 2012 6:57 am

I have only recevied one in 4 years as Gold.

Friend who is gold just got their first one last week for DXB-PEK for1750AED (Y to J) I checked Expert flyer and looked like all signs of being overbooked Y and empty J -- It was in the end and he was op-up'd

sadiqhassan Jan 11, 2012 1:25 pm

Just from reading this forum it seems that Y->J offers are much more common than J->F ones and a good % of the gold pax here fly paid J and/or F at least some of the time so the sample is a bit skewed.

ukdoctor Jan 11, 2012 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by sadiqhassan (Post 17794493)
Just from reading this forum it seems that Y->J offers are much more common than J->F ones and a good % of the gold pax here fly paid J and/or F at least some of the time so the sample is a bit skewed.

I think you are right. It's only the noobs/ non FTers who are being sent the upgrade offers. I protest. Shall we all go and occupy the emirates office at DXB to protest against this discrimination. :D:D

eightblack Jan 11, 2012 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by ukdoctor (Post 17794565)
I think you are right. It's only the noobs/ non FTers who are being sent the upgrade offers. I protest. Shall we all go and occupy the emirates office at DXB to protest against this discrimination. :D:D

I can't recall of ever receiving an offer to upgrade from J-F (and I'm pretty sure EK don't do this) but don't quote me on it. However, I have received plenty of email offers from Y-J. If the flight looks busy down the back - I refuse the email offer and each time I have done that, have been op-upped anyway.

sadiqhassan Jan 11, 2012 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by eightblack (Post 17795042)
I can't recall of ever receiving an offer to upgrade from J-F (and I'm pretty sure EK don't do this) but don't quote me on it. However, I have received plenty of email offers from Y-J. If the flight looks busy down the back - I refuse the email offer and each time I have done that, have been op-upped anyway.

Is that generally the only time offers are sent or can they be / are they also sent when Y AND J is empty. I'm sure the sample size for this is even smaller since an EK flight empty in J/Y is almost unheard of!