Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

on EK partner tariff in F but return flight alone ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2011, 1:56 pm
Uli
Original Poster

hi,

i flew to dxb on a F classe partner tariff in F but unforeseen on the return leg i will be flying alone. the "partner" just does not fly at all and his ticket of course will be void. but how about myself, can i just check-in and the partner just does not appear on the return leg?
Old Dec 30, 2011, 5:54 pm

Programs: SQ SPPS, EK I/O, CX DM, SU Plat, Hyatt DM, IC RA Plat, HH DM, AMX Cent
Originally Posted by Uli
hi,

i flew to dxb on a F classe partner tariff in F but unforeseen on the return leg i will be flying alone. the "partner" just does not fly at all and his ticket of course will be void. but how about myself, can i just check-in and the partner just does not appear on the return leg?
Sire,

Don't get the point or the motive of your post??? You want to have miles for the return sector for both the paxs on your account??? Wont't work. Sorry!!

Some Airliines like BA,CX,EK,9W allow this in F Cabin only but this is applicable ONLY if you buy the Cabin Out and this has to include 2 seats in the Max F Class with return fares. And only the airline can sell you the whole cabin after they know who you are. No concierge or your own travel desk can arrange this for you privately except a very very few goverment depts.

So why we don't just let the partner go for the return sector????

Safe Flying

EGT
Old Dec 30, 2011, 7:37 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
EGT, I think that the OP is concerned that if they travel back without the lead partner who booked and obtained the benefit of a "partner tariff"then they may have problems at check in because they are sans partner. I do not know the answer to this question - if indeed that is what the question is.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:30 am
Uli
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrtdxb
EGT, I think that the OP is concerned that if they travel back without the lead partner who booked and obtained the benefit of a "partner tariff"then they may have problems at check in because they are sans partner. I do not know the answer to this question - if indeed that is what the question is.

Sorry for being unclear. I am not concerned about miles. I book and paid an F partner ticket for myself and spouse. Due to an emgergency, spouse is home already (on a different airline). So I need to fly back alone. A call to EK revealed that I cannot fly alone but only with the spouse. If I check-in without spouse I have to buy a new oneway F ticket just for me, the partner tickets will then be voided. Can this be true?
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:35 am

Programs: EK Skywards Platinum; Bonvoy Titanium Elite
If I understand the OP correctly, he has purchased an EK Companion fare. In this case, only the first outbound sector has to be along with the companion. All the other sectors can be separate. This is how is used to work. Not too sure if it is the same rules now, although I do not see why this would have changed.
Hope this helps.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by torontoflyer
If I understand the OP correctly, he has purchased an EK Companion fare. In this case, only the first outbound sector has to be along with the companion. All the other sectors can be separate. This is how is used to work. Not too sure if it is the same rules now, although I do not see why this would have changed.
Hope this helps.
hard to believe; where did you find such rules?
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:25 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Uli
Sorry for being unclear. I am not concerned about miles. I book and paid an F partner ticket for myself and spouse. Due to an emgergency, spouse is home already (on a different airline). So I need to fly back alone. A call to EK revealed that I cannot fly alone but only with the spouse. If I check-in without spouse I have to buy a new oneway F ticket just for me, the partner tickets will then be voided. Can this be true?
Just check in online, and the say your partner is arriving later if they ask when you check your bag.

Once on the plane, tell the Purser that your partner is stuck, and will not be able to make the flight. This should mean the flight is not delayed.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Just check in online, and the say your partner is arriving later if they ask when you check your bag.

Once on the plane, tell the Purser that your partner is stuck, and will not be able to make the flight. This should mean the flight is not delayed.
+1. Pax can check-in separately even on the same PNR. You can check in and board without the other person on the booking.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:41 am
Uli
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
+1. Pax can check-in separately even on the same PNR. You can check in and board without the other person on the booking.
Hi, this is how I should have done it. Unfortunately I contacted EK about this beforehand .... my fault. Anyhow, I purchased a new ticket for myself and now are in talks with them about if they can help me with a partial refund. Let us see.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 2:03 am

Learning: Never ask airlines questions where you should have known the negative answer beforehand. All partner fares I have seen are pretty clear about the need of both travellers travelling together all the time. A "logical" argument like "I paid for the seat so what do you care of the other person is not flying, I do not want a refund" never flies -- especially not with a call center agent!

The same is true with throw-away last segments and the like. Asking about exceptions is the recipe for disaster, not only in the airline world.

To the OP: If you have not taken the flight yet, you may want to call EK, change everything back to your original partner flight reservation, and then follow the electronic check-in advice above (which will work for sure). Good luck.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by Uli
Hi, this is how I should have done it. Unfortunately I contacted EK about this beforehand .... my fault. Anyhow, I purchased a new ticket for myself and now are in talks with them about if they can help me with a partial refund. Let us see.
By the way, without having seen the fare conditions, there probably is no basis for the partial refund (except if your partner's emergency is an admissible exception in the fare conditions, eg sometimes in case of illness/death of close family member -- which I hope for you does not apply here). You may even run into the issue of having to make an additional surcharge payment if a bureaucratic EK agent reprices the outbound as two one-way F-tickets ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.