Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Day Rooms at DXB?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2011, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Kimpton Inner Circle, CC Silver, PC Platinum, BA Bronze
Day Rooms at DXB?

Hi all

We land in DXB at 0800hrs 16/12, but don't board our ship until 2000hrs that night from Port Rashid. Just wondering if anyone knows a decent hotel that does day rooms nearby?

Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2011, 2:01 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Hi there,

Not sure, but will you get a hotel form EK? Depends on the class you booked, and if its the only connection available.... I asusme you know about this?

If so, there are several hotels on the doorstep....not sure if they will all do a day rate as you are there for some 10 hours or so.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 2:57 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by nadeem
Hi there,

Not sure, but will you get a hotel form EK? Depends on the class you booked, and if its the only connection available.... I asusme you know about this?

If so, there are several hotels on the doorstep....not sure if they will all do a day rate as you are there for some 10 hours or so.
He/she is not connecting...

You should be able to get a day room at any of the airport hotels. Le Meridien, Millennium, Al Bustan Rotana are the closest.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by adsgofast
Hi all

We land in DXB at 0800hrs 16/12, but don't board our ship until 2000hrs that night from Port Rashid. Just wondering if anyone knows a decent hotel that does day rooms nearby?

Thanks!
You ould try calling the Radisson Blu or the Sheraton Hotels on Deira Creek to see if they do day rooms. Both are right on the creek which is not that far from the port - 15 mins or so. Make sure you get the ones that are on the Creek as they both have other properties in Dubai. Nice locations ... good luck!
Old Nov 20, 2011, 10:52 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mrtdxb
You ould try calling the Radisson Blu or the Sheraton Hotels on Deira Creek to see if they do day rooms. Both are right on the creek which is not that far from the port - 15 mins or so. Make sure you get the ones that are on the Creek as they both have other properties in Dubai. Nice locations ... good luck!
I thought the cruise terminal was on the bur dubai side, next to maritime city.....could be mistaken.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Kimpton Inner Circle, CC Silver, PC Platinum, BA Bronze
Great thanks for all your help!
Old Nov 21, 2011, 7:00 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by khalid26
I thought the cruise terminal was on the bur dubai side, next to maritime city.....could be mistaken.
You are right of course which is why I mentioned 15 mins or so travel time (across the Maktoum Bridge or through Shandinga Tunnel) however I do not know any nice hotels on that side - The Dhow Palace, York, etc., are not my cup of tea - but I do know that the Creek side hotels I mentioned are very nice and allow a stroll along the waterfront without battling traffic. In short, just my personal recommendations. There are not any hotels on waterfront on other side that I know of as it is Embassy and Royal Residence Row ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.