Wiki Posts
Search

Venice and chauffeur facility

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2011, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates, Qantas
Venice and chauffeur facility

Has anyone flown into Venice and used the chauffeur facility ?
With the canals there and not everywhere being accessible by car
I was wondering if there are different arrangements or you just
get dropped off at the nearest point and told to get on with it.
Any experiences would be appreciated.

Cheers

Johnny
Old Oct 17, 2011, 5:38 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
"Complimentary transfers are provided either by motor boat or by vehicle, at the discretion of the service provider and depending upon location / distance."
Old Oct 17, 2011, 1:28 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Wait they take you on a boat in Venice? That sounds so epic.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 2:33 pm

Yup, you can get to Venice by boat- if the location of the hotel is within the city (as i was told). So far i have used only car since my destination is on the mainland.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 7:46 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by johnny28

Cheers

Johnny
I have used the boat/water taxi service on quite a number of occasions since they launched their Venice service and in my case because I always book hotels that are on a canal and have a private jetty/drop off point I have never had to finish my journey on foot. Because there are only two ways of getting around the main two areas - boat and walking - there is no choice but to walk from the nearest drop off point if you are staying somewhere that does not have canalside facilities they can only take you by boat and you have to walk the final bit. Don't worry though as nothing is far from a canal. Enjoy the trip though - it is a very unique experience!
Old Oct 19, 2011, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Many thanks for the replies.
mrtdxb - yes, it certainly looks to be a VERY unique experience.
My wife went there years ago and wants me to experience it too.
We are looking for a self catering place but, as you said, every
holiday place seems to be adjacent to the water.

Cheers
Johnny
Old May 9, 2012, 6:54 am
Suspended

Question Venice Chauffeur-drive

2 passengers on this itinerary are eligible for Chauffeur-drive it says online on my booking,

will upload a photo probably mid of June, hotel is on the main island, not too far from the airport.

Every time I asked the local Emirates office whether there is a car available or a motor-boat, they just said "it depends on the availability" and "location of the hotel".
Old May 9, 2012, 9:42 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by SQUALO
2 passengers on this itinerary are eligible for Chauffeur-drive it says online on my booking,

will upload a photo probably mid of June, hotel is on the main island, not too far from the airport.

Every time I asked the local Emirates office whether there is a car available or a motor-boat, they just said "it depends on the availability" and "location of the hotel".
Which hotel are you staying at and I will tell you whether you can expect a boat or not.
Old May 10, 2012, 12:43 am
Original Poster

mrtdxb,
Could you oblige me as well please. We leave PER this coming Tuesday morning, with a one night stopover in Dubai for connection reasons, and then on to VCE, Hotel Abbazia, Calle Priuli dei Cavaletti, Cannaregion 68.
Many thanks
Johnny
Old May 11, 2012, 8:00 pm

mrtdxb,
Could you oblige me as well please. We leave PER this coming Tuesday morning, with a one night stopover in Dubai for connection reasons, and then on to VCE, Hotel Abbazia, Calle Priuli dei Cavaletti, Cannaregion 68.
Many thanks
Johnny
Given that your hotel is only a few steps away from the Grand Canal and a Vaperetto/Water Bus stop I would expect a boat. Have a fabulous time! Do let us know if you don't get a boat please.
Old May 18, 2012, 10:31 am
Original Poster

mrtdxb,
Many thanks for your effort and reply.
We are now firmly ensconced in our hotel, well for a few more minutes until it's time to go out and enjoy dinner.
We did indeed get a water taxi right to the bottom of the lane where our hotel is and then it just a 50 metre haul up the lane. Great service and the staff were great all the way through.
Can't say the same about the A340-300 with the old style horrible J class seats. I didn;t dare move too much in case my hips triggered the FA button.
And as you say, Venice is truly an amazing place.

Cheers
Johnny
Old May 18, 2012, 10:01 pm

I am glad it all worked out for you Johnny - thanks for the update.

Don't get us started about the old style "deeply reclining comfort" seats
Old May 20, 2012, 2:54 am
Suspended

hi mrtdxb!
thanks for your kind message, I very much appreciate it.
I alraedy checked it with my local Emirates office and it has been confirmed that the motor-boat is available for us 2 pax.
All the best,
SQUALO
Old May 20, 2012, 2:56 am
Suspended

Xlr, yes, on a boat. Also can't wait for that moment. Already got a new NIKON D7000 recently, photos will be blogged later next month.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:57 am
Suspended

Thumbs up

Cheers

Johnny
^^ Chauffeur Motor-Boat from and to the airport in Venice is just awesome. Scheduled pick-up for 11.45am, boat arrived for us 2pax super on time. Arrival, had to wait around 10 minutes, given that "Giovanni" had to find someone who would take us, ending up in getting a normal water-taxi, rather than a water-limousine-service.

- luggage next to the captain, front

- super-speed and pretty much fun!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.