Community
Wiki Posts
Search

complimentary hotel at DXB

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2011, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

complimentary hotel at DXB

just wondering if anybody could give me some advice please, my business partner has just been upgraded from economy to business for a flight from MAA - DXB, the flight lands at 00.15 and his connecting flight doesnt leave DXB until 08.00 is it likely that he will be entitled to a complimentary transit hotel room which i have read about on this forum? and if so how does he go about getting it (he is in the air at the moment) so i need the info to give him once he lands.

if not is it worth him booking into the hotel anyway instead of waiting in a lounge?

thanks
Old Jul 27, 2011, 1:44 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
Yes, complimentary hotels exist for both Eco and Biz pax.

He has been upgraded, i.e. through complimentary upgrade, then he is not entitled for the hotel for biz pax. If he paid for the upgrade (miles or $$$) then imho he is.

In Economy, the threshold is 8h and the connection flight must (!) be the first available. I heard that there are indeed differences based on your economy class fare but here is the key advice.

Once landed, BEFORE going through immigration, there are big marked counters for "hotels in Dubai" from emirates.

He should show his ticket and they will help him out. Again, it is important that he does this before going through immigration.

Thats the best advice we can give you, given the limited information we have from you.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 1:45 pm

Not according to the rules here:
http://www.emirates.com/in/English/p...stopovers.aspx
as it must be booked 24 hours in advance. Someone with personal experience may advise you differently, and it won't do any harm to ask at DXB.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 1:50 pm

Yeah told you my situation.....landed at Dubai at 11pm (was supposed to land at 12:05am) from Kolkata, had to find transfer desk. Was told this needed to be booked in advance before through the travel agent. You have to book through the travel agent before you get a free stay. I mean is that possible though wherever you're original starting point for Emirates should be? They should have rooms available though.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

thanks for your help so quickly.

It was a complimentary upgrade on this leg, but he is planning on paying to upgrade (if available) for the next leg back to BHX.

I'll tell him to go and speak to the people at the desk before immigration to see what they say.

Once again thanks for getting back to me so quickly
Old Jul 27, 2011, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by GigoloArt
If he paid for the upgrade (miles or $$$) then imho he is.
Miles upgrades get hotel based upon terms of original ticket class.

Y->J upgrade requires 8 hours layover, not 6 hours AND must have been booked originally in an STPC eligible class.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 7:57 pm

B747-437B,

This is very confusing as the Emirates web site clearly state that for premium class passengers with over 6 hours transit Emirates will comp a hotel.

"This service is offered to passengers holding tickets in specific ticket categories:
Economy Class passengers
If the booking class for the entire outbound or inbound leg of their journey is U, B, N, M, E, W, R or Y.
And if upon arrival in Dubai, the connection time until the first available flight is more than 8 hours and less than 24 hours.
First Class and Business Class passengers
If the booking class for the entire outbound or inbound leg of their journey is J, D, C, I, O, F, P, Z or A.
And if upon arrival in Dubai, the connection time until the first available flight is more than 6 hours and less than 24 hours.

http://www.emirates.com/english/plan...stopovers.aspx

Upon calling my local Emirates office they confirmed that the transit period has to be over 8 hours but they did not acknowledge the discrepancy on their own web site!
Old Jul 28, 2011, 8:10 pm

With just one day to go until I fly I have managed to get a complimentary room at the Le Meridien hotel in Dubai! While talking to the local Emirates office I kept pointing out that the web site clearly state the 6 hours+ layover policy and finally I got it. They will issue a voucher by the end of today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.