Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

F Lounge vs Millennium Airport Hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2011, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

We will have a 6.15 hours layover in Dubai at the end of this month for our outbound journey and I would like to know your opinion on which is the better option - the first class lounge in T3 vs the complimentary Millennium airport hotel? We will arrive at 04:30 Dubai time but it will be 07:30 in our country so I don't think we will need sleep. I don't think that Emirates will comp the Dubai International Hotel inside the airport itself as that would be perfect.

Will the lounge be suitable for showers, a quick nap if we want and dining or snack from between 04.30 - 10.45? On our return trip we are doing the free 2 nights luxury hotel offer by Emirates so that will not be a problem.

Thank you in advance!
Old Jul 5, 2011, 8:14 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by Pook
Hi,

We will have a 6.15 hours layover in Dubai at the end of this month for our outbound journey and I would like to know your opinion on which is the better option - the first class lounge in T3 vs the complimentary Millennium airport hotel? We will arrive at 04:30 Dubai time but it will be 07:30 in our country so I don't think we will need sleep. I don't think that Emirates will comp the Dubai International Hotel inside the airport itself as that would be perfect.

Will the lounge be suitable for showers, a quick nap if we want and dining or snack from between 04.30 - 10.45? On our return trip we are doing the free 2 nights luxury hotel offer by Emirates so that will not be a problem.

Thank you in advance!
I would personally opt for the F lounge in T3 which is very relaxed and has great dining facilities and has showers. Taking a nap will be no problem IF you can doze in a chair in the quiet room or elsewhere. When dining you can ask for an a la carte menu as well as select from the buffet. You will reduce your stress levels considerably by doing this rather than heading out of the airport and having to return again shortly thereafter.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 8:38 pm

Programs: ex-DL Plat & Marriott Rewards elite
Lounge or hotel...

If for any reason the lounge shower is not available, the DIA hotel in T3 has one. I used the T1 shower on an inbound flight a few years back as I had business in town straight away. It was decent and inexpensive (for Dubai). A full change of clothes in your carry on (if possible) for your onward travel is a plus.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 8:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
I would also go with the T3 F lounge as it is really top notch. There's large sofas you can sleep on, an endless supply of food etc. It's just a bit noisy.

As for showers, you have the option of the F showers (which should not have a waiting line), or the J lounges in T3/ T1 or the F lounge in T1.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 6:26 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
Originally Posted by Pook
I would like to know your opinion on which is the better option - the first class lounge in T3 vs the complimentary Millennium airport hotel?

But if you fly in F (or J), don't you get the LeMeridien rather the low-key Millenium hotel?
Old Jul 6, 2011, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! We will not leave the airport then and just relax in the F lounge. Hmm... arrival at 04:30 get to the lounge by 04:45, shower then a massage then breakfast then shopping - sounds good!

Arriving on an A380 and departing on a A340 and all in the private suites. On the way back more A340, 2 nights at the Armani Hotel and the private suite on a 777-300ER. The flying and perks might be the highlight of our vacation!
Old Jul 6, 2011, 6:32 am
Original Poster

GigoloArt,

Posted at the same time! I haven't really check with Emirates on which hotel and I mentioned the Millennium because of the previous reports or postings here on FT.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 12:49 pm

F Lounge > Millenium

Le Meridien > F Lounge

Also, depending on your citizenship, you may not be permitted to avail of the STPC if there is less than 8 hours between the moment you clear immigration and the next flight. If it is 7h59m or less at the moment you arrive at the immigration desk, you will be sent back to the lounge instead.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Update - after confusing information here and by my local Emirates office and with just barely over 24 hours to go before I fly I have succeeded.

I hope this information will be useful for those who are looking for the free complimentary transit hotel with a long layover:

Information from Emirates.com - http://www.emirates.com/english/plan...stopovers.aspx

Call up your local Emirates office at least 24 hours prior to your departure time(working office hours week days only). If you are flying on a Sunday then call them up by the preceding Thursday and you must collect a voucher from them.

I am flying 1st so they gave me a room at the Le Meridien Dubai hotel and even though my nationality require a visa to enter the U.A.E. they will arrange it on arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.