Search

status match?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2011, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, FB Silver
status match?

Hi
I´m moving to Dubai in Oct. as expatriate. My job takes me everywhere in Africa, but unfortunately they buy only the cheapest eco tickets available. Nevertheless I am Senator with Lufthansa with approx 150k status miles in eco every year.
As I´m travelling economy, lounge access and opups are quiet important. And without status you won´t get nothing... So, do I have any chances of getting a status match with EK? What´s the best way forward? Any help is welcome!

Thanks
G.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 6:42 am

Programs: SAA
I did. Gold with SAA (although they didnt ask for proof). Wrote email to them after joining Skywards and they wrote back 3 years later confirming my account had been moved to Silver. Benefit was access to lounge at gate 122 at Dubai last week and then an op upgrade to J on the return from DXB-JNB (after economy from LHR). This was fantastic and really build loyalty to EK.
Im off with them again this week to Osaka but in paid business.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 11:01 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by Springbok
I did. Gold with SAA (although they didnt ask for proof). Wrote email to them after joining Skywards and they wrote back 3 years later confirming my account had been moved to Silver. Benefit was access to lounge at gate 122 at Dubai last week and then an op upgrade to J on the return from DXB-JNB (after economy from LHR). This was fantastic and really build loyalty to EK.
Im off with them again this week to Osaka but in paid business.
Did it actually take 3 years.I know the helpdesk is slow. But 3 years
Old Jul 22, 2011, 2:00 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
I got status matched to EK Gold last month. Took me approximately 2 weeks.

How I did it:

- Sent documentary proof of my Air India Maharajah Club membership (AI's highest tier membership)

- EK acknowledged the request and said a customer sales rep would call me soon

- 3 days later, spoke with a customer sales manager who requested evidence of future flights on Emirates. I have 4 return flights DXB-AMD and DXB-LHR booked in F

- Status match came through 2 days later.

Cheers.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat *G/DL Plat/Marriott Ti/WoH Glob
Hi all,

I recently relocated to DXB and put in for a status match with UA after reading this forum. I received a response forwarding my request to sales, but no one has gotten in touch with me yet (its been almost a month). Does anyone know how I might be able to expedite the process or get in touch with Sales directly?

Thanks!
Old Jul 23, 2011, 8:02 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
The quickest way to get them to respond is to actually book a couple of tickets in J or F, especially F. They call up very soon after that.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, FB Silver
Originally Posted by PPS1
The quickest way to get them to respond is to actually book a couple of tickets in J or F, especially F. They call up very soon after that.
Thanks for all the info, folks. Unfortunately my company doesn't pay F and I don't earn enough to be able to afford it
Unless you want to play it cool and book a couple of fully refundable F tickets, get the manager to approve the status match and then cancel them.

Guess I'm not taking that risk and just try and see.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Just as a reference point, a friend of mine is TG Gold and was looking to change carriers to Europe ex China.

I mentioned the possibility of an EK status match and after they had booked their business class ticket on EK they called to request a match.

Same MO as outlined above - they got the email saying a company rep would contact them - which they did, but would only offer Sykwards Silver - despite the confirmed and paid EK J ticket and Star Gold (on TG).

Maybe EK thought the benefits of a paid J ticket already outweigh EK Gold level and were only prepared to match silver for some sort of miles bonus?

I don't know - but silver is where it stopped in my friend's case. (They were given an Emirates luggage tag by the rep though!)
Old Jul 29, 2011, 7:51 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator BA Executive Club Gold Skywards Gold
Staus matched by EK

I just got status matched Sent EK in DXB my BAEC gold and LH Senator card copies, FF statements over the past year from the same programmes and a pre booked and paid for JFK-DXB-SIN -DXB-NBO-DXB-LHR in J itinerary and they did it. Only additional input is (1) my company travel manager spoke to EK in London about this and emailed someone there the correspondence with DXB . (2) The same manager asked me to keep all my boarding passes (I dont know what he did with them)

It took 2 weeks and is valid through to August 2012

Incidentally LH statyus matched me a year ago on the basis of my BAEC gold So one Gold can get you three, huh?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.