Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Fewer miles added to my Skywards account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2011, 3:40 am
Original Poster

I have a problem. Back in February I booked the partner special ex-ATH to HKG.

During the booking I had the choice of taking an afternoon arrival into Bangkok and leave the next day at noon for Hong Kong, which would have resulted in 32,000 miles but it that was too inconvenient for me. Therefor I settled with the direct DXB-BKK-HKG flight which, combined with the other flights on that booking, should have earned me and my traveling partner 27,000 miles, which in turn were enough for my partner to reach 40,000 miles for a free return flight to DXB.

I was able to see the total mileage for the trip during the booking process and when I entered my booking reference code at the "view (or manage) my bookings" page.

To my surprise EK has credited me only with 21,000 miles, 6,000 miles short of the previously advertised 27,000 miles (excluding tier bonus). I would have not expected that. Anyway, I wrote them but they ask me for a screenshot! How should I do a screenshot now of the booking process or view my booking (no longer available after the trip has been taken). Back then it did not cross my mind that I would get lower mileage than advertised.

What can I do here?
Old May 25, 2011, 4:08 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
What is causing the difference in miles? Can you be more specific. What part did they not credit - mileage accelerator or status bonus or saver miles instead of flex? Figure out what it is to prove to them that you're entitled to more miles.
Old May 25, 2011, 5:51 am
Original Poster

I can't tell you which part is missing. Before the trip and during the booking I was shown to receive 27,000 miles and I have only received:

Athens - Hongkong FIRST CLASS 2,625 Skywards Miles 2,625 Tier Miles
First Class Bonus 7,875 Skywards Miles and 7,875 Tier Miles
Silver Tier Bonus 1,313 Skywards Miles
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total of 11,813 Skywards Miles and 10,500 Tier Miles

Hongkong to Athens FIRST CLASS 2,625 Skywards Miles and 2,625 Tier Miles
First Class Bonus 7,875 Skywards Miles and 7,875 Tier Miles
Gold Tier Bonus 2,625 Skywards Miles
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total of 13,125 Skywards Miles and 10,500 Tier Miles

I don't know if they were running a promotion back then for the flight to receive 3,000 miles more per leg. All I have seen was 27,000 miles for my routing or 32,000 miles staying overnight in BKK. I choosed 27,000 miles and received only 21,000 miles (excl. bonus) and they are asking for a screenshot!! But shouldn't it be in their system?
Old May 25, 2011, 6:25 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Looks like you are missing 5,250 miles because they gave you Saver instead of Flex. It is likely that the booking engine mistakenly showed flex miles even though this is a saver fare. Check your e ticket to confirm that. Unfortunately a screen shot would be the only way to get the miles if e ticket shows saver. Perhaps someone else with a screenshot, who hasn't flown the itinerary yet? Or one of the emails you got from them?
Old May 25, 2011, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Funny thing the e ticket is the only information I can pull up and it states:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

FQEK270115801 NON-END/SKYWARDS
SAVER//VALID EK/COM
PANION OFFER/

But during the booking and under view my trips it mentioned that I'd get 27,000 miles not 26,250 (flex). That is a real shame because now I am short 6k for a free flight which I have counted on.

I remember there was a Skyward special going on for my flight DXB-HKG over 3k for FC but that was if I booked it in March and registered for the campaign. It can't be possible that they would include that when I booked the fare in February?

If I only knew before that they'd cause such problems!
Old May 26, 2011, 3:27 am

Programs: EK skywards Gold, BA, VS silver
You could always purchase the extra miles needed for your reward flight.
Old May 27, 2011, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JudeS
You could always purchase the extra miles needed for your reward flight.
I don't want to purchase something for what was advertised to me as part of my fare during booking.

Have a look at what I found, thanks that I keep everything on file (and found it again ):http://www.get-online-today.com/ek.jpg ^
Old May 27, 2011, 9:53 am

Did you actually book when you took the screenshot?

The discrepancy looks to be due to the Miles Accelerator Bonus which is dependant on when you booked, and you mention something about February/March in a post.

Also, did the other passenger get the full 29,626 miles or were they 6,000 short as well?
Old May 27, 2011, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Both are short!

I certainly booked it. The right part of the screenshot (Booking Manager) is part of "Manage my booking" to see detailed the Skywards miles accrued on the journey. www.get-online-today.com/ek2.jpg
Old May 27, 2011, 12:01 pm

If you look at your statement on skywards.com you should be able to see a breakdown of miles earned. The Miles Accelerator bonus posts as a different line. If that is what is missing your screenshot should convince skywards to credit you the miles.
Old May 27, 2011, 9:09 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by tiger302
Both are short!

I certainly booked it. The right part of the screenshot (Booking Manager) is part of "Manage my booking" to see detailed the Skywards miles accrued on the journey. www.get-online-today.com/ek2.jpg
I am sorry if this has already been covered but I am a bit bleary eyed this morning ... did you regsiter fir the Miles Accelerator for both pax individually in the same month that you booked the tix? If not then that would explain.
Old May 28, 2011, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by mrtdxb
I am sorry if this has already been covered but I am a bit bleary eyed this morning ... did you regsiter fir the Miles Accelerator for both pax individually in the same month that you booked the tix? If not then that would explain.
If booked on emirates.com and you've logged in there should be no need to register seperately.

Another reason not to get them would be if you made any changes in another month which caused the itinerary to be re-ticketed.
Old May 28, 2011, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101
If booked on emirates.com and you've logged in there should be no need to register seperately.

Another reason not to get them would be if you made any changes in another month which caused the itinerary to be re-ticketed.
You are correct. I did not need to register anywhere as I boked directly at emirates.com.

No changes where made, I flew exactly as published on the screenshot.

Haven't received a reply yet from EK.
Old May 28, 2011, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by tiger302
Haven't received a reply yet from EK.
Let us know how it turns out. It's always good to be aware of how they deal with issues like this.
Old May 31, 2011, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your email regarding mileage accrual.

We have reviewed your request for the below mentioned flights :

20 April 2011 Athens (Europe - South) to Hong Kong (Far East)
30 April 2011 Hong Kong (Far East) to Athens (Europe - South)

The Mileage Accelerator promotion requires you to register by opting in on www.skywards.com prior to your travel and in the same month of issuance, if your flights were booked online but the ticket issued at an Emirates ticket office. As you were not registered for this promotion prior to the flight departure, miles did not get credited.

This is crazy. If it is stated in my itinerary, why would I have to register for it? Nobody mentioned this to me. I don't like EK customer service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.