Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Can't upgrade only one leg of a flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2011, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Location: Orange County (SNA) CA, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold

Hi all - I'm flying Emirates for the first time travelling in economy LAX - DAR on Aug 14th. Given that the LAX - DXB is almost 16 hours I called to see if I could pay to upgrade to J. The rep tells me that I can't upgrade only one leg and would have to upgrade both LAX - DXB & DXB - DAR for $4,700 which I'm obviously not going to do.

Can anyone tell whether this is correct?
Old Jul 27, 2011, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Vaze
Yes, I have experienced similar (albeit on a different routing).
Old Jul 27, 2011, 1:31 pm

Programs: KM P, DL S | SPG G, HH S | Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Vaze
Hi all - I'm flying Emirates for the first time travelling in economy LAX - DAR on Aug 14th. Given that the LAX - DXB is almost 16 hours I called to see if I could pay to upgrade to J. The rep tells me that I can't upgrade only one leg and would have to upgrade both LAX - DXB & DXB - DAR for $4,700 which I'm obviously not going to do.

I got an upgrade for a single segment, some months ago: DXB-CCU. Itin of 4 segments. Paid, offer sent by EK.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 7:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Yes, this is standard, and if you search on the forum you'll find this covered extensively. Apart from a special offer, miles or an onboard/ check in upgrade, you would be re-ticketing the itinerary in which case individual segments cannot be upgraded as a fare doesn't exist for that. You end up paying the fare difference in that case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.