Wiki Posts
Search

MAN Chauffeur Drive

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2011, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors - Diamond, AA - EXP
MAN Chauffeur Drive

The allowance is 70 miles but according to Google Maps I'm being picked up from 88 miles away so I expect to have to pay an excess, wondering if anyone knows the rate and what payment methods they accept (cash/card)?
Old Jul 14, 2011, 2:45 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
A generous tip usually covers slight excesses (at least
In London) . Though I have never been more than 5-6 miles over the allowance though.

In London emirates subcontracts it to a cab agency near LHR.
I don't know about the situation in MAN but it's usually the same in most places I have been ( ie sub contracted )

If you book your chauffeur drive using the emirates website then the contractor usually calls you on the day before at the contact number that you have given @ the emirates site and them you can enquire about whether there is any excess
Old Jul 14, 2011, 4:00 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I took the chauffeur from MAN to BHX (the flight in J was over £450 cheaper in J)......I paid the driver £25 in cash, which included a £5 tip at most, both ways.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 3:28 am

Yup, my 102 mile journey to Manc costs me £22.59, plus a tip, if the driver is good.

They will ring you and advise that there will be an excess, and I preffered the service when Tristar had the contract, rather than PCS.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 1:05 pm

Programs: A3*G, FB G
Originally Posted by nadeem
I took the chauffeur from MAN to BHX (the flight in J was over £450 cheaper in J)......I paid the driver £25 in cash, which included a £5 tip at most, both ways.
I flew EK17 in March in F (miles upgrade) and I live about 4 miles from BHX and had no excess to pay. Surely the 70 miles is as the crow flies, not the actual driven mileage?
Old Jul 15, 2011, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by cannylad
I flew EK17 in March in F (miles upgrade) and I live about 4 miles from BHX and had no excess to pay. Surely the 70 miles is as the crow flies, not the actual driven mileage?
That is indeed correct.

I travelled from BHX to Eccles, Manchester which is 101 miles from BHX. It cost me an additional £22 or so.

The driver mentioned that BHX to MAN was just about possible within the 70 mile radius - as the crow flies - without charge.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all, I'll make sure I've got a few pound cash on me then and see what the charge is, by the sounds of it around £25 seems a reasonable charge to expect. Previously flown ex BHX which from Nottingham is within the limit but wanted a chance on the A380 so decided to give MAN a go (other threads here are making me wonder if it was good choice, the A380 service in J seems to be getting a bit of a bashing!)
Old Jul 30, 2011, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

No excess

Used the service today from Nottingham to MAN and there was no excess. Nothing mentioned when they called to confirm yesterday and nothing today. Gave the driver a good tip anyway as he was a very pleasant chap and made the 90 minute trip quite a pleasure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.