Search

EK Loads Running High In Asia Pac

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2011, 12:43 pm

Xxxxx

Last edited by jiggyjig; Nov 25, 2012 at 5:36 pm
Old Jul 16, 2011, 3:33 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver
As we all know practically evrything is now saver with lower tier miles, but I can't figure out what is breaking down,
Last time I did LHR DXB they told me the flight I wanted was full, but turning up early it was suddenly open, and must have has a lot of no-shows as I could see at least 20 empty seats in Y although J and F were full.
Now I'm trying to head back on the same route LHR-DXB and the website is showing every flight from Fri 22nd July to Sun 24th as full out of LHR and LGW !! and the price is UKL 1100 for the 1/2 days outside of those dates. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 17, 2011, 1:08 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Exec Plat (2MM)
Originally Posted by ung1
From the point of view of attaining status or flexibility of tickets? Off season, I don't see the justification in paying 40% more for a flex ticket.
Well, the flex tickets I buy are less than 20% more than saver, and as well as getting double status miles, you also get more of the regular miles, and upgrades also cost less with a flex ticket.

So as far as I am concerned, they're the only way to go.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 9:47 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by oakb
As we all know practically evrything is now saver with lower tier miles, but I can't figure out what is breaking down,
Last time I did LHR DXB they told me the flight I wanted was full, but turning up early it was suddenly open, and must have has a lot of no-shows as I could see at least 20 empty seats in Y although J and F were full.
Now I'm trying to head back on the same route LHR-DXB and the website is showing every flight from Fri 22nd July to Sun 24th as full out of LHR and LGW !! and the price is UKL 1100 for the 1/2 days outside of those dates. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UK school holidays start on 25th July . Everyone
Will be trying to leave the Uk the Friday/Saturday before the schools close.

It might be cheaper to fly east on to another european airport
and fly to DXB from there.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 9:55 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
HAM DXB return in economy is around £600 at the moment for
22nd July.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by B747-437B
Flex tickets are NOT more flexible than Saver tickets. In some markets they may actually be more restrictive. EK needs to do a full ATPCO rules review and clean up their Cat 16 especially. But then again, Mercator has always had problems with a rules engine (which is why EK's pricing is all done by an outsourced Travelport engine).
In some markets flex tickets are less restrictive, such as free changes instead of $100 per change. As you said, it varies by market - out of DXB there is no difference at all. Oh and the 4 month stay vs. 12 month stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.