Old May 24, 2011, 5:46 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Marharba Lounges

$45 for 4 hours.
Old May 24, 2011, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Exec Plat (2MM)
Golds now allowed in?

Hmmmm, interesting.

Just showed up at the T1 Gate 122 "Silver" lounge and said I wanted to complain about their policy penalising Golds.

To my surprise, the agent said no problems and let me straight in. She indicated that she was not aware of any ban of Golds from this lounge.

So what's going on?????
Old May 25, 2011, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: silver skywards
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
I would never reccommend T1, That is a zoo, where T3 is way much better and lesser ppl around. I've been to both and I couldnt find a single seat in T1.
hiya i cant use T3 as im only silver status
Old May 25, 2011, 2:44 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by maggieomx
hiya i cant use T3 as im only silver status
He was referring to the Marhaba lounge, not the Emirates Lounge. Marhaba lounges in T1 and T3 are both pay to use (unless you have an eligible credit card) and anyone can use them - whether you are flying EK or not.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 9:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Silver Lounge Food

I haven't used the T1 Silver lounge in almost 6 months but here this morning and I feel like there's hardly any food on offer! Big downgrade/ cost cutting/ they've sent everything across to the new F lounge/ I've been spoilt by the T3 lounges!

There's 4 hot food options - the usual eggs, tomatoes, hash browns and something- which hasn't changed in 3 years (at least). The vine leaves are gone. I think they've added some idli and sambhar which was previously only available in the T3 lounges. And got rid of the alcohol selection at the main food area - only available in the other section now, but at least they still have Veuve!
Old Jul 6, 2011, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by ung1
I've been spoilt by the T3 lounges!
The buffet selection at the T3 Business lounge has also been eviscerated since July 1. The menu is now identical to the T1 Lounge (which has also been re-branded as the Emirates Business Class Lounge).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.